About Careers MedBlog Contact us
Medindia LOGIN REGISTER
Advertisement

Teen Dies After Having a Bite of Chicken and Chips

by Dr. Trupti Shirole on April 19, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Font : A-A+

 Teen Dies After Having a Bite of Chicken and Chips

Chris Smith, aged 17, went into a severe anaphylactic shock just after having one bite of chicken and chips which he had eaten several times before this. As he had a bite he felt a burning sensation in his throat and his mouth began to swell.

Chris had peanut allergy but thought that it was just a mild attack and did not use his adrenaline injection (EpiPen), which treats severe allergic reactions.

Advertisement

Though the paramedics arrived quickly Chris could not be saved despite been given a large dose of adrenaline as his condition deteriorated rapidly. Chris was even given CPR but he passed away on the way to the hospital.


Source: Medindia
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This site uses cookies to deliver our services.By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Use  Ok, Got it. Close
×

Teen Dies After Having a Bite of Chicken and Chips Personalised Printable Document (PDF)

Please complete this form and we'll send you a personalised information that is requested

You may use this for your own reference or forward it to your friends.

Please use the information prudently. If you are not a medical doctor please remember to consult your healthcare provider as this information is not a substitute for professional advice.

Name *

Email Address *

Country *

Areas of Interests