by Kathy Jones on  January 20, 2011 at 9:31 PM Dental News
 Swedish Patient Accidentally Swallows Dental Drill Bit
A Swedish man who visited his dentist to clean up the filling of a recently repaired tooth accidently swallowed the drill bit after it became loose.

The patient had visited his dentist at a clinic back in October last year in Vastmanland county and swallowed the drill bit before the dentist could react. The patient immediately underwent an x-ray scan which showed that the drill bit had settled in his stomach.


However he faced no discomfort or complications and the drill bit is expected to come out of his body in a "natural way".

The incident was reported to the National Board of Health and Welfare in Sweden which has laws in place that make it mandatory to report injuries or incidents in the Swedish health care system.




Source: Medindia

Most Popular on Medindia