A food expert says that stomach acid is very important for digestion but it should not become very high. Avoiding spicy food is the best way to keep it under control.
According to Geeta Sidhu-Robb, raw food pioneer and creator of the Nosh Detox - a diet that helps in removing toxins from the body, one should avoid spicy food that causes such a problem.
She also shares other tips to reduce stomach acid, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
- Eat smaller and lighter meals regularly.
- Avoid eating late in the night, also sleep with your head in a raised position.
- Avoid peppermint tea.
- Losing weight provides a long term solution to stomach acid.
- Medications like aspirin and Ibuprofen make it worse.
- Avoid smoking as this makes the occurrence of acid reflux more likely.