About Careers Internship MedBlogs Contact us
Medindia LOGIN REGISTER
Advertisement

Star Health Insurance Targets Rs 1,100 Cr Worth Business in 2012-13

by Lakshmi Gopal on March 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Font : A-A+

 Star Health Insurance Targets Rs 1,100 Cr Worth Business in 2012-13

With retail and individual health insurance policies as its new focus areas, Star Health and Allied Insurance, the largest standalone health insurance company in India, is targeting a gross underwritten premium of Rs 1,100 crore in the financial year 2012-13.

This was reported by mydigitalfc.com.

Advertisement

This is somewhat lower than the target achieved in 2010-11, when Star Health grew by 30 per cent in gross underwritten premium, to Rs 1,248 crore.

The company recently lost the state-sponsored health insurance contracts in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. It also saw a decline of 11 per cent in its gross underwritten premium in 2011-12.
Advertisement

The company saw its individual health insurance business clock a new premium income of Rs 600 crore this year, as against Rs 300 crore last year.

The company lost Rs 600 crore annual premium after losing the Tamil Nadu government scheme and Rs 200 crore on the Andhra Pradesh government scheme.

For the 10-month period between April 2011-January 2011, Star Health saw its gross written premium decline by 14 per cent to Rs 1,009 crore, against Rs 1,175 crore in the corresponding period the previous year.

About 80 per cent of the company's total business comes from health insurance, while the remaining 20 per cent comprises personal accident and overseas travel insurance.



Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Advertisement
News A-Z
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
What's New on Medindia
Organ Donation Week 2022 - 'Take the Pledge to Save Lives'
Test your Knowledge on Heart Transplantation
Test Your Knowledge on Lung Transplantation
View all
Recommended Reading
News Archive
Date
Category
Advertisement
News Category

Medindia Newsletters Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

More News on:
Health Insurance Plan Third Party Administrators for Health Insurance Star Health and Allied Insurance Health Insurance Policies offered by Bajaj Allianz Insurance ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited Health Insurance Health Insurance - Ombudsman Health Insurance - Basics New India Assurance Policies Cholamandalam Health Insurance Policies 

Most Popular on Medindia

Hearing Loss Calculator Blood - Sugar Chart Selfie Addiction Calculator Loram (2 mg) (Lorazepam) Drug Interaction Checker Blood Pressure Calculator How to Reduce School Bag Weight - Simple Tips Indian Medical Journals Find a Doctor Pregnancy Confirmation Calculator
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Use