South Korean authorities officially declared the end of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) that killed 36 people and sparked widespread panic in Asia's fourth-largest economy.
Seoul's health ministry cited "no further risk" of infection, about seven months after the first case was diagnosed in May.
World Health Organization standards call for a four-week waiting period after the last MERS patient fully recovers before an outbreak can definitively be said to be over.
Seoul said a 35-year-old man, who had been fighting cancer before his MERS diagnosis, died on November 25 due to the "rapid worsening of his underlying condition".
The virus is considered a deadlier but less infectious cousin of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), which killed hundreds of people when it appeared in Asia in 2003.