Do you feel that stress is squeezing the fun out of your rocky bedroom life? If yes, then you can bring back the action, courtesy tips provided by sex educator and relationship expert Dr. Yvonne Kristin Fulbright.
According to the expert, many couples become frustrated, even panicky, when their sex lives go to the wayside during stressful times.
When it comes to the factor that governs a person's sex life, it's personality, reports Fox News.
In order to avoid any such misunderstandings and still keep sex life full of fun and passion, Fulbright has suggested that couples need to establish a common ground and mutual understanding during stressful times.
Also, they should make an effort to stay connected during life's highs and lows, because if they don't, it could lead to dire consequences.
And in case, sex is not on mind and also the time to be spent in the sack is less, then a person can try the following:
1. Showing appreciation for one another. Giving compliments, for example, is a simple way of expressing affection and letting your partner know that he or she is still being noticed and loved.
2. Talking daily. Chat during dinner or at bedtime. Conversations foster bonding by providing support. It's also important for couples to check in with each other, showing concern and care for one another's well-being with simple statements like, "Tell me about your day."
3. Staying positive. Bite your tongue if you're about to complain. Stressful situations are hard enough to deal with. Don't add to the situation if you can avoid doing so.
4. Believing in your future together. Stressful times can make lovers doubt their ability to stay together for the long haul. Insecurity issues that arise can only make matters more difficult. Making plans is one way to indicate that you're feeling secure about your future.
5. Helping each other with responsibilities. Approaching tasks with a team effort provides a greater sense of being in "this" together.
6. Balancing "alone time" and "together time." Create a sensual atmosphere, for example, soothing scents, dim lights, delicious food, and relaxing music, to help you unwind.
7. Getting creative in how you'll be intimate. Redefine your definition of sexual intimacy when needed; try a simple body massage.
Not to forget, lovers should make it a point to give in to one another's requests for intimacy whenever possible, as it might just prove to be a big stress-buster.
In fact, sex has many physical and emotional benefits, which may help in boosting your desire for more sex and emotional intimacy. Sex can easily take your mind off of your worries.
Also, patience is the key to get your sex life back on track. One should make sure that your relationship, in general, doesn't get neglected.