A colourfully decorated Christmas tree with gifts at its foot in the corner of your room can just lighten up things. But you can also prepare your nest for the festival by keeping it clutter-free and by bringing in new furniture.
Femalefirst.co.uk shares tips on how you can spruce up and deck up your house for X'mas:
- Give an instant refresh to your living room with a new sofa. The family will spend hours here over the Christmas period, so a comfortable and inviting piece is a must.
- Invest in coffee tables to help you with plenty of additional surface space for tea cups or champagne glasses.
- Pile newspapers, DVDs, games and toys into attractive woven baskets to keep the living room clutter-free.
- Add festive cheer with Christmas cards in your living room.
- Place candles on dining tables to bring a warm glow to your house.