by Dr. Trupti Shirole on  March 21, 2011 at 2:36 PM General Health News
 Peanut Allergy Claims the Life of 13-year Old
13-year old Katelyn Carlson died after eating Chinese food. The girl is believed to have gone into an anaphylactic shock after having eaten the food ordered from Chinese Inn restaurant in Niles.

Lab tests on the food have confirmed that the food had trace amounts of peanut products and Katelyn had an acute peanut allergy. Despite making explicit requests that peanuts or peanut products like sauces or oils should not be used in any of the food preparations, the restaurant failed to do so, due to which the Carlson Family has decided to sue the restaurant.


The father of the deceased is seeking more than 100,000 US Dollars in damages from the Chinese restaurant.

Source: Medindia

Most Popular on Medindia