by Kathy Jones on  July 8, 2010 at 9:34 PM Lifestyle News
 Kiss Almost Fatal for nut Allergy Teen
A light peck on the lips almost proved to be fatal for a 14-year old Briton who was rushed to the hospital after developing anaphylactic shock thanks to a severe nut allergy.

Laura Kukic greeted her boyfriend with a light kiss but immediately suffered an allergic reaction that saw her face swell up and experience difficulty in breathing after a trace of hazelnuts cereal got into her system.

The school staff immediately injected her with her epipen though she recovered, she was sent to the hospital as a precautionary measure.

"Who'd have guessed that a peck on the lips could be so dangerous. Luckily I have lived to tell the tale. It just shows you how something that you would think is so safe could turn into something so dangerous", Kukic said.




Source: Medindia

Most Popular on Medindia