She found that as she bit into the burger, her jaw got locked and dislocated. This is due to a medical condition, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, which has made her joints sensitive. This condition increases the risk of dislocation.
But she was shocked and least expected that biting into a burger could get her into this problem. "I didn't think I'd dislocated it - you don't expect it to happen eating a burger. But I tried to eat it with a knife and fork and couldn't. I couldn't open my mouth fully. I felt like I had a cramp in my tongue, then I started to get an ear ache and a headache," she said.
She experienced unbearable pain and rushed to the Royal Liverpool University Hospital where doctors X-rayed her jaw and pushed it back into place. She has been advised to avoid big bites, hard bites as well as opening her mouth too much while yawning.