About Careers MedBlog Contact us
Medindia LOGIN REGISTER
Advertisement

Infant Dies After Being Placed on Dodgy Incubator

by Kathy Jones on February 12, 2011 at 9:27 PM
Font : A-A+

 Infant Dies After Being Placed on Dodgy Incubator

In a tragic incident, a 15-day old boy lost his life after he was put in a broken incubator that clearly had a "Do Not Use" sticker on it.

The baby had been early released by the hospital who said that there was no problem what so ever with the child. However the mother, whose name is being with held, was re-admitted to the Singleton Hospital in Swansea, South Wales, after complaining about chest infection.

Advertisement

The baby was taken to the incubator with the hospital staff failing to notice the "Do Not Use" sticker and died due to chronic case of pneumonia since the incubator failed to keep him sufficiently warm.

Abertawe Bro Morgannwg Community Health Council in Swansea said that they have received a complaint from the mother. "The post mortem revealed the baby was perfect in every way but died from massive bilateral bronchopneumonia", the council said.




Source: Medindia
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This site uses cookies to deliver our services.By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Use  Ok, Got it. Close
×

Infant Dies After Being Placed on Dodgy Incubator Personalised Printable Document (PDF)

Please complete this form and we'll send you a personalised information that is requested

You may use this for your own reference or forward it to your friends.

Please use the information prudently. If you are not a medical doctor please remember to consult your healthcare provider as this information is not a substitute for professional advice.

Name *

Email Address *

Country *

Areas of Interests