Author and PR guru Lady Terry Robinson aka Therese shares her top tips on overcoming jetlag, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
* Hydrate and eat lightly for a day or two before you travel. Part of that horrible jetlagged feeling is caused by water retention from sitting down too long. Walk around the cabin every hour if possible. That way your feet won't swell and you'll still fit your clothes when you land.
* Don't take medication to help you sleep on the plane. It may seem like a good idea, but you run the risk of rebound insomnia the next night.
* Take a good book. Reading takes more effort than watching the in-flight movies and you'll get a better quality of sleep on board when you're more tired.
* Take advantage of the in-flight hospitality. Having said that, try to moderate the wine. It goes to your head more quickly in the air and you don't want to arrive with a hangover. Eat a full meal at the local lunch or dinnertime. Your body will adjust much more quickly. One of the worst parts of jetlag is waking up hungry in the small hours of the morning.
- » News Central
- » Popular News
- » Latest Health News
- » News Category A-Z (500+)
- » Health News and Press Release
- » News Archive
- » News Photo Gallery
- » Lifestyle and Wellness
- » Health Watch
- » Health In Focus
- » Celebrating Life
- » Breaking Health News
- » News From Other Resources
- » India Special
- » News Video Gallery
- » Medindia Exclusive - Interviews and In depth Reports