- Valentine’s day (February 14th) could be the loveliest day to express your love and joy of life together as a couple
- Happy couples can make an unerasable impression on each other’s heart by spending enough time, cooking together, sharing love and giving surprise gifts
- Being happy and feeling satisfied with your life partner can help you build a strong and long-lasting relationship
Valentine's day (February 14th) is just 1 day away. So, steer up to surprise your partner by spending your precious time, cooking together, sharing love, giving special Valentine's day gifts and recalling happy moments spent together in this romantic journey of life.
Whether you're seeking ways to win over a new Valentine or reignite the passion with your longtime love, reviewing your relationship habits might be in order. Building a healthy relationship could be as easy as a few simple steps, says Carter Rakovski, professor of sociology at Cal State Fullerton.
Rakovski, whose current research focuses on "Working the Romance: Gender and Occupations in Romantic Films," says all couples can benefit from these five habits of healthy relationships.
2) Feel the love. Spending time together in a pleasant setting is important to a healthy relationship. Familiarity increases positive feelings. The more time we spend with someone, the more we tend to like them. When in a positive setting, such as a restaurant or beach, those positive feelings we have about the environment can transfer onto the person sharing those experiences with us.
3) Be creative. People can fall in love when sharing an exciting, thrilling experience with an element of danger or surprise. Especially in online dating, first meetings at coffee shops can feel like an interview and become monotonous. Make that first meeting memorable.
4) Think small for a big impact. Frequent small, gestures are more important than one grand gesture. Bringing home your partner's favorite food or sending a caring text can sustain someone daily and make them feel appreciated. That said, remembering and celebrating holidays also is a good excuse to be caring.
5) Make something together. Humans have evolved and survived because of our relationships and groups. We feel close to others when we have a common goal or project. What is something you can commit to as a couple? A DIY project or cooking together create unity through a joint purpose. Some couples commit to only watching their favorite shows when they are together.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Adeline Dorcas. (2020, February 13). Happy Valentine’s Day: Perfect 5 Habits for Building a Healthy Relationship. Medindia. Retrieved on May 23, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/news/healthwatch/happy-valentines-day-perfect-5-habits-for-building-a-healthy-relationship-193152-1.htm.
Adeline Dorcas. "Happy Valentine’s Day: Perfect 5 Habits for Building a Healthy Relationship". Medindia. May 23, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/news/healthwatch/happy-valentines-day-perfect-5-habits-for-building-a-healthy-relationship-193152-1.htm>.
Adeline Dorcas. "Happy Valentine’s Day: Perfect 5 Habits for Building a Healthy Relationship". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/news/healthwatch/happy-valentines-day-perfect-5-habits-for-building-a-healthy-relationship-193152-1.htm. (accessed May 23, 2022).
Adeline Dorcas. 2021. Happy Valentine’s Day: Perfect 5 Habits for Building a Healthy Relationship. Medindia, viewed May 23, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/news/healthwatch/happy-valentines-day-perfect-5-habits-for-building-a-healthy-relationship-193152-1.htm.