- Chocolate milk is a healthy post-workout drink
- A glassful of chocolate drink can help replenish all lost nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats after an intense workout
- It also provides high water content which can replace fluids lost as sweat, thereby prevents dehydration
Chocolate milk also known as cocoa-infused milk is the right choice for your body, especially after a strenuous workout, according to the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition
Chocolate milk is an increasingly popular post-workout drink.
Recent studies have begun to examine the post-workout recovery effects of chocolate milk versus protein shakes or powders.
‘Drinking chocolate milk is a healthy, natural and inexpensive way to promote recovery after an intense workout.’
Trainers and athletes may be surprised to know that chocolate milk may even be more effective than other supplements or energy beverages in many cases. Supplements are expensive and often have a bitter, unappealing taste. Chocolate milk is an inexpensive alternative to many 'high-performance' supplements.
A glassful of delicious chocolate milk can
Why Chocolate Milk after a Workout?
- help you to replenish all lost nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, along with water and electrolytes after an intense workout.
- provide double the protein and carbohydrate content when compared with plain milk, water or most other sports drinks.
- provide high water content which replaces fluids lost as sweat, thereby prevent post-exercise dehydration.
Chocolate milk is loaded with many vital nutrients needed for athletes such as
Who are Benefited?
- carbohydrates, proteins, and fats which is essential after a strenuous workout.
- B-complex vitamins and nutrients that help convert food into energy.
- calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin D that ensure your bones stay strong enough to support you through all of those intense workouts.
People involved in sports such as cycling, swimming or long-distance running which include high endurance levels and constant, sustained movement require high levels of calories, carbs, and protein to sustain a high-level of performance.
Chocolate milk can benefit endurance and completing athletes, especially after a strenuous workout when the muscles are feeling so tired that they need a fast and efficient way to refuel and regain the lost stamina. At that point, solid foods might not suit that well right after an intense workout, the cocoa-flavored dairy drink could be a great alternative until your appetite kicks in.
The contents of protein powders or supplements are often extracted from ingredients that are naturally found in dairy products. Therefore, chocolate milk is a healthy, natural and inexpensive way to promote recovery following a workout.