- Migraine headache could cause a throbbing sensation in one area of the head with terrible and annoying pain lasting for hours or days.
- People suffering from this condition try out different ways to get rid of the symptoms and the pain with traditional pain killers.
- Himalayan sea salt and lemon juice are the "all-natural" quick fixes for migraine headaches.
- Himalayan sea salt raises serotonin levels in blood while lemon juice is a power house of potassium - both of which help relieve migraine headaches.
If you suffer from migraine attacks, then here is some great news to uplift your spirits. Look no further than your own kitchen for two simple ingredients: lemon juice and sea salt; the combination of these has been shown to stop migraine headaches within minutes.
How to Prepare?
The recipe is quite simple:
- In a glass, squeeze out the juice from one lemon.
- Add 2 teaspoonful of Himalayan sea salt.
- Add a cup of water.
- Mix well and consume this magical drink.
- You will get relief from migraine within minutes.
It is the purest and the most complete salt in the world and is available without any toxins and pollutants. Here are few of its benefits:
- It raises the serotonin levels in blood, thus has an instant effect on relieving migraine headaches
- It is an amazing ingredient and has been known to treat many diseases
- It is known to contain as high as 84 minerals, elements and electrolytes
- Reduces muscle cramps and improves hydration by providing trace minerals
- Increases your energy levels
- It is made up of same components as table salt but has less sodium per serving than refined salt
- Maintains normal pH balance and reduces acid reflux
- Improves circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Boosts the immune system and removes toxins from the body
- Promotes bone strength as well as sinus health
It is known to reduce fatigue, anxiety and tension, all of which could be contributing factors for a migraine headache. They are packed with the mineral potassium, deficiency of which is known to cause migraines and tension headache.
So next time, you get that awful feeling of migraine headache and you feel your head is going to explode, wait no more! Try this easy combination of salt and lemon juice and see the magical and amazing effect it has on migraine!
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Sudha Bhat. (2016, April 03). Got Migraine Headache? Lemon Juice and Sea Salt can Help Within Minutes. Medindia. Retrieved on Jun 28, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/news/healthinfocus/got-migraine-headache-lemon-juice-and-sea-salt-can-help-within-minutes-158948-1.htm.
Sudha Bhat. "Got Migraine Headache? Lemon Juice and Sea Salt can Help Within Minutes". Medindia. Jun 28, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/news/healthinfocus/got-migraine-headache-lemon-juice-and-sea-salt-can-help-within-minutes-158948-1.htm>.
Sudha Bhat. "Got Migraine Headache? Lemon Juice and Sea Salt can Help Within Minutes". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/news/healthinfocus/got-migraine-headache-lemon-juice-and-sea-salt-can-help-within-minutes-158948-1.htm. (accessed Jun 28, 2022).
Sudha Bhat. 2021. Got Migraine Headache? Lemon Juice and Sea Salt can Help Within Minutes. Medindia, viewed Jun 28, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/news/healthinfocus/got-migraine-headache-lemon-juice-and-sea-salt-can-help-within-minutes-158948-1.htm.