- Avoid styling products like hair spray and gels. They can stick to the scalp and cause dandruff.
- Use mild shampoos and conditioners.
- Avoid tying up wet hair, otherwise it will lead to dandruff.
- Apply coconut or olive oil to lengths and ends, but not the scalp. Humidity makes the scalp naturally oily.
- Choose a hairstyle that is more manageable. Don't opt for those that require styling irons.
- Swimming in cool water might be tempting, but don't do it frequently as the chlorine present in swimming pool can make hair rough and unhealthy.
- Eat protein rich foods such as fish, nuts, spinach and many more to keep your hair voluminous and healthy.