by Medindia Content Team on  November 2, 2007 at 5:00 PM Diet & Nutrition News
Food Poisoning Sends Students Scramming to the Hospital
At least 100 students from a technical college in Punjab were admitted to hospital for food poisoning Wednesday after they ate food served at a langar (community kitchen) following a religious ceremony on the college campus Tuesday.

The students from Guru Gobind Singh College of Modern Technology in Kharar sub-division, 25 km from here, were admitted to the Mohali civil hospital.

Doctors at the hospital said that one student had been referred to the Post-graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) at Chandigarh as his condition was serious.

All other students are being treated at the civil hospital and were recovering, doctors said.

Punjab Health Minister Laxmi Kanta Chawla visited the civil hospital to enquire about the welfare of students.

Source: IANS
LIN/M

Most Popular on Medindia