This festive season, is often accompanied by a polluted atmosphere, dirt and other forms of grime that makes looking beautiful a difficult task. India's most-renowned beautician Shahnaz Husain is of the view that one needs to have a special skin care regime during the festive season.
Husain advises to remove all make up at night, as the chemical causes dryness in the skin and disrupts its normal acid-alkaline balance. She said, "Chemical elements then lead to eruptive conditions, like pimples, rashes and acne."
While Husain admits that bursting of crackers is par for the cause during Diwali, she cautions that crackers lessen humidity in the air, causing the skin lose moisture and therefore advises people to spare some time to cleanse their skin to maintain or even intensify its texture.
The other home remedies that Husain recommended are as follows-
* Apply honey on the face daily for 10 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
* Apply aloe vera plant or its gel as a natural moisturizer.
* Rich in Vitamin A, grated carrots can do wonders for your skin due to their anti-oxidants properties. Apply carrots on the face for 15 to 20 minutes for nourishing the skin in winter. It suits all skin types.
* Mix half a teaspoon honey, one teaspoon rose water and one teaspoon dried milk powder. Mix into a paste and apply it on the face. Remove after 20 minutes with water. This pack suits normal to dry skin.
* Applying mayonnaise or egg yolk on the skin can also help to relieve dryness. It is especially suitable for dry skin.
* Egg white is a wonderful natural cleanser for oily hair and its protein content helps to nourish the skin. Apply egg white on the hair about half-an-hour before shampooing the hair.
* To nourish dry hair, massage egg yolk or mayonnaise into the scalp. Leave it on for about half an hour and then wash the hair. It helps to soften the hair and is very useful for hair that has suffered damage through coloring, straightening or perming.