- Chop vegetables ahead of time: It's best to do things in advance especially when you are staring at a busy week. Take vegetables in abundance and chop them once a week (instead of daily) and store them in the fridge.
- Reach for baking mixes: Use mixes that are readily available on the market instead of baking from scratch. You can give a personal touch by adding something like fresh fruit, citrus zest or nuts.
- Stock necessary basics: Be it salt, pepper, flour, sugar or oil, stock up to make things smoother.
- Stay organised: Keep all your tools used to prepare meal in an organised way. This will also make you enjoy the cooking experience more.
- Make enough for leftovers: If you are preparing something delicious and special, increase the portion. Store it and later reheat whenever you wish to eat again.