Most people tend to get affected by seasonal changes. Though you take proper vaccinations, medications and maintain proper hygiene, still you may wonder how did i catch a cold?
Therefore, here we are suggesting an easy way to help you stay away from cold and flu this winter. While there's no way to absolutely guarantee that you won't get sick, eating a nutrient-rich diet can help guard against illnesses.
Include these 6 immunity-boosting foods in your daily diet to prevent cold and flu,
- Oranges: This brightly colored fruit is loaded with vitamin C and A. Vitamin C plays a key role in immunity and vitamin A helps to repel bacteria and virus more effectively. Vitamin C also helps shorten the duration of colds. Drink a glass of fresh orange juice daily to reap its benefits.
- Pu-erh Tea: Fend off colds and flu with a hot toddy made with Pu-erh tea. It is a fermented tea that boasts more antioxidants than green tea. It has a rich and earthy flavor.
- Yogurt: This dairy product is rich in beneficial pro-biotics that help in maintaining a healthy gut. A healthy gut is a great defense against getting sick. Have a cup of yogurt topped with fruits instead of sugary deserts.
- Chicken soup: A hot bowl of chicken soup will do wonders for your health especially during monsoon. Chicken broth helps break up mucous and reduces inflammation in the respiratory tract. It is a great way to rehydrate which might even ward off viruses. Have a piping hot bowl of chicken broth during evening hours.
- Eggs: Eggs are a rich source of Vitamin D that most of us don't get enough of in the dark winter months. Vitamin D deficiency can lead to a weakened immune system. Eat a boiled egg daily to boost your immunity.
- Red meat: Red meats like beef, lamb are all packed with zinc, another trace mineral that is vital for keeping your immune system strong. It also helps wounds heal. In addition to red meat, you can also get zinc in chicken, seafood, pork, fortified cereal, chickpeas, almonds and cashews.