Club DJ, Steve Miller has revealed that he has been living in exile because of his powerful allergy to Wi-Fi internet waves that leave him feeling dizzy, sick, and disorientated. Miller, better known by his stage name Afterlife, cannot use trains, stay in hotels or visits his local high street because he is allergic to the "electrosmog" caused by wireless internet waves.
In a world of increased usage of Wi-Fi signal in businesses and homes, Miller is among around two per cent of the population who suffer from Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity.
"I feel like an exile on my own planet. It's almost impossible to find somewhere without Wi-Fi nowadays," the Telegraph quoted Miller as telling the Sun.
"If I fancy a pint I have to travel three miles to the only pub in my area that doesn't have it. I can't just go to the shops because huge parts of the high street affect me.
"If I go somewhere, I can instantly sense the Wi-Fi and have to leg it," he added.
Miller had a residency at the Ibiza nightclub Pacha before his allergy.
He says that he has missed out on a large number of overseas gigs because all airports and most hotels have Wi-Fi.
And the only place where he can escape the "electrosmog" is in his own home - a detached house with 18in thick granite walls in a village near Falmouth, Cornwall.
According to Miller, the majority of headaches people get at work can be attributed to their office Wi-Fi connections.
"I've spoken to friends who work in offices who end up living on painkillers because of their daily headaches. They tried turning off their transmitters and found their headaches stopped," he said.