About Careers Internship MedBlog Contact us
Medindia LOGIN REGISTER
Advertisement

Allergic Reaction to Coconut Cream Resulted in Manís Death

by Kathy Jones on October 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM
 Allergic Reaction to Coconut Cream Resulted in Manís Death

An inquest into the death of a 46-year old man heard that he died after suffering an allergic reaction to the homemade coconut cream prepared by his wife.

Marcus Sweet died in November 2011 after tasting the coconut cream prepared by his wife, Julie, after returning from work. Mr Sweet immediately started complaining of sore throat after tasting the cream and when his condition did not improve after taking Calpol and Beechams, Julie called for an ambulance.

Advertisement

Mrs Sweet and her family accused paramedic Vic Ward of failing to act properly to save his life, claiming that he simply sat without providing any treatment. Ward admitted that he was like a 'rabbit in the headlights', stating that it was 'one of the worst incidents' that he had attended his in 30 years of work life.

The inquest heart that while Ward finally concluded that Mr Sweet was suffering from an allergic reaction and injected him with antihistamine Piriton in his throat. However he immediately went into anaphylactic shock before collapsed on the floor in a cardiac arrest. The ambulance soon arrived and despite the best efforts of its crew, he was pronounced dead half an hour later.

"Marcus Sweet suffered an allergic reaction. Paramedics were called but despite treatment he received he died", Coroner Maria Voisin recorded a narrative verdict.

Source: Medindia
Font : A-A+

Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement

Recommended Readings

Latest General Health News

Hawk Data Pro: An Essential One Health Surveillance Tool for Rabies Management
Implementing the Hawk Data Pro system as a passive surveillance tool enabled us to record an ongoing rabies outbreak within a major Indian metropolis.
Wild Poliovirus Resurfaces in Pakistan
The Pakistan Ministry has announced the commencement of a nationwide polio vaccination campaign beginning on October 2, aiming to immunize more children.
US Woman Loses All Limbs in Fish-Related Bacterial Outbreak
In a tragic incident, a woman in the US experienced the loss of all her limbs as a result of a bacterial outbreak linked to the consumption of contaminated fish.
NIH Launches the First In-Human Universal Flu Vaccine Trial
FluMos-v2, a unique universal influenza vaccine candidate, undergoing a phase 1 trial at NIH, increases recipients' immunity against many influenza viruses.
Global Polio Eradication Initiative Assesses Vaccination Strategies in Pakistan
In Pakistan, the polio campaign focuses on more than 270,000 children under the age of five years, residing in areas with insufficient vaccine coverage.
View All
This site uses cookies to deliver our services.By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Use  Ok, Got it. Close
MediBotMediBot
Greetings! How can I assist you?MediBot
×

Allergic Reaction to Coconut Cream Resulted in Manís Death Personalised Printable Document (PDF)

Please complete this form and we'll send you a personalised information that is requested

You may use this for your own reference or forward it to your friends.

Please use the information prudently. If you are not a medical doctor please remember to consult your healthcare provider as this information is not a substitute for professional advice.

Name *

Email Address *

Country *

Areas of Interests