A poll of more than 4600 travellers has revealed world's top five germ-laden tourists attractions.
The list, compiled by travel website TripAdvisor, includes locations in the US and Europe, reports News.com.au
World's top five germ-laden tourists attractions are:
1. The Blarney Stone in Ireland where mouths from all over the world touch the stone each year.
2. Seattle's Wall of Gum where, since the 1990s people have been depositing their masticated gum, resulting in a colourful although disturbing sight.
3. Oscar Wilde's Tomb in Paris, which has a rainbow of hundreds of visible kiss marks adorning the grave.
4. St. Mark's Square in Venice is full of hungry pigeons that are often touched and petted by tourists.
5. Forecourt of Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood where people get down on their hands and knees to place their fingers in the moulds of their favourite stars.