by Dr. Trupti Shirole on  December 26, 2011 at 3:39 PM General Health News
 2-year Old Who Lost Fingers to Meningitis Eats Christmas Dinner With Special Cutlery
2-year old Kaiya Jackson who lost all her fingers to meningitis ate her Christmas dinner with special cutlery attached to her wrists.

The little girl spent her last Christmas in an induced coma as she battled with septicemia (blood poisoning) caused by the disease. In order to save her life, doctors had to amputate part of one hand, one foot and her fingers. After several operations and skin grafts at Birmingham Children's Hospital, Kaiya is now home for Christmas.

Kaiya Jackson has adapted well to the challenges she faces without her fingers and has even learned to eat using a special fork and spoon that are attached to her wrist.

Her mother said, "She's the bravest, most amazing little girl. She can pick up the tiniest crumb on the floor and nothing seems to faze her."

Source: Medindia

Most Popular on Medindia