The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Rules, 1975 - Report, Budget and Account of the Central Board

Email Print This Page bookmark
Font : A-A+


17. Form of budget estimates.

(1) The budget in respect of the year next ensuing showing the estimates receipts and expenditure of the Central Board shall be prepared in Forms I, II, III and IV and submitted to the Central government.

(2) The estimated receipts and expenditure shall be accompanied by the revised budget estimates for the current year.

(3) The budget shall, as far as may be, based on the account heads specified in Schedule II.

18. Submission of budget estimates to the Central Board.

(1) The budget estimates as compiled in accordance with rule 17 shall be placed by the Member-Secretary before the Central Board by the 5th October each year for approval.

(2) After approval of the budget estimates by the Central Board, four copies of the final budget proposals incorporating therein such modifications as have been decided upon by the Central Board shall be submitted to the Central Government by the l5th October each year.

19. Estimates of establishment expenditure and fixed recurring charges.

(1) The estimates of expenditure on fixed establishment as well as fixed monthly recurring charges on account of rent, allowances, etc., shall provide for the gross sanctioned pay without deductions of any kind.

(2) To the estimates referred to in sub-rule (I) shall be added a suitable provision for leave salary based on past experience with due regard to the intention of the members of the staff in regard to leave as far as the same can be ascertained.

(3) If experience indicates that the total estimate for fixed charges referred to in sub-rules (l) and (2) is not likely to be fully utilised, a suitable lump deduction shall be made from the total amount estimated.

20. Re-appropriations and emergent expenditure.

No expenditure which is not covered by a provision in the sanctioned budget estimates, or which is likely to be in excess over the amount provide under any head, shall be incurred by the Central Board without provision being made by re-appropriation from some other head under which saving are firmly established and available.

21. Power to incur expenditure.

The Central Board shall incur expenditure out of the funds received by it in accordance with the instructions laid down under the General Financial Rules of the Central Government and other instructions issued by that Government from time to time.

22. Operation of fund of the Central Board.

The fund of the Central Board shall be operated by the Member-Secretary of the Central Board or in his absence by any officer of the Central Board who may, subject to the approval of the Central Government, be so empowered by the Central Board.

23. Saving.

Nothing in this Chapter shall apply to a budget already finalised before the commencement of these rules.


24. Form of the annual report.

The annual report in respect of the year last ended giving a true and full account of the activities of the Central Board during the previous financial year shall contain the particulars specified in the 8[Schedule III].


25. Form of annual statement of accounts of the Central Board.

The annual statement of accounts of the Central Board shall, be in Forms V to IX.


26. Form of report of Central Board Analyst.

When a sample or any water, sewage or trade effluent has been sent for analysis to a laboratory established or recognised by the Central Board, the Central Board analyst appointed under sub-section (3) of section 53 shall analyse the sample and submit to the Central Board a report in triplicate in Form X of the result of such analysis.

10[26A. Persons possessing the following qualifications are eligible for appointment as Government analysts or as Board analysts under sub-section (I) or sub-section (3), as the case may be, of section 53, namely:


(i) M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry or equivalent or Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or Bio-chemical Engineering; and

(ii) 10 years' experience in analysis of water, sewage or industrial wastes in teaching, research or Government Laboratory.


(i) Doctorate Degree in Chemistry or Bio-chemistry or Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering or Bio-chemical Engineering;

(ii) Evidence of published papers in the field.

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store