4. Maintenance and preservation of records.-
(1) Every Genetic Counselling Centre, Genetic Laboratory and Genetic Clinic shall maintain a register showing, in serial order, the names and addresses of the women given genetic counseling, subjected to pre-natal diagnostic procedures or pre-natal diagnostic tests, the names of their husbands or fathers and the date on which they first reported for such counseling, procedure or test.
(2) The record to be maintained by every Genetic Counselling Centre, in respect of each woman counseled shall be as specified in Form D.
(3) The record to be maintained by every Genetic Laboratory, in respect of each woman subjected to any pre-natal diagnostic test, shall be as specified in Form E.
(4) The record to be maintained by every Genetic Clinic, in respect of each woman subjected to any pre-natal diagnostic procedure, shall be as specified in Form F.
(5) The Appropriate Authority shall maintain a permanent record of applications for grant or renewal of certificate of registration as specified in Form H. Letters of intimation of every change of employee, place, address and equipment installed shall also be preserved as permanent records.
(6) All case related records, forms of consent, laboratory results, microscopic pictures, sonographic plates or slides, recommendations and letters shall be preserved by the Genetic Counselling Centre, Genetic Laboratory or Genetic Clinic for a period of two years from the date of completion of counseling, pre-natal diagnostic procedure or pre-natal diagnostic test, as the case may be. In the event of any legal proceedings, the records shall be preserved till the final disposal of legal proceedings, or till the expiry of the said period of two years, whichever is later.
(7) In case the Genetic Counselling Centre or Genetic Laboratory or Genetic Clinic maintains records on computer or other electronic equipment, a printed copy of the record shall be taken and preserved after authentication by a person responsible for such record.