National Trust Act, 1999 - Finance, Accounts and Audit

Email Print This Page bookmark
Font : A-A+

Chapter 8 - Finance, Accounts and Audit

The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by parliament by law in this behalf, make to the Trust a one-time contribution of rupees one hundred crores for a corpus, the income whereof may be utilized the objects of the Trust under this Act.

   1. There shall be constitute a fund to be called the National Trust for Welfare of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple disabilities Fund and there shall be credited thereto-

  • all money received from the Central government;
  • all moneys received by the trust by way of grants, gifts, donation, benefaction, bequests or transfers;
  • all moneys received by the Trust in any other manner or from any other source.

   2. All moneys belonging to the fund shall be deposited in such banks or invested in such manner as the Board may, subjects to approval of the Central Government, decide.

   3. The funds shall be applied towards meeting the administrative and other expenses of the Trust including expenses incurred in the exercise of its powers and performance of duties by the Board in relation to any of its activities under section 10 or for anything relatable thereto.

The Board shall prepare, in such form and at such time in each financial year as may be prescribed, the budget for the next financial year showing the estimated receipt and expenditure of the Trust and shall forward the same to the Central Government,

   1. The Board shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts of the Trust including the income and expenditure accounts in such form as the Central Government may prescribe and in accordance with such general direction as may be issued by that Government in constitution with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.

   2. The accounts of the Trust shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India at such intervals as may be specified by him and any expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Board of the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.

   3. The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and by other person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Trust shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India generally has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts, and in particular, shall have the right to demand and production of books of accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect any of the offices of the Trust.

   4. The accounts of the Trust as certified by the Comptroller, and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf, together with the audit report thereon, shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government, and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.

The Board shall prepare every year, in such form within such time as may be prescribed an annual report giving a true and full accounts of its activities during the previous year and copies thereof shall be forward to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.

All orders and decisions of the Board and instrument issued in the name of the Trust shall be authenticated by the signature of the Chairperson, the Chief Executive Officer or any other officer authorized by the Chairperson, in this behalf.

The Board shall furnish to the Central Government such reports, returns and other information as that Government may require time to time. 


Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions
m.fidvi, India

my daughter is suffering from Cerbral palsy,I have put her in special school,they charge me monthly fees for education.Is this OK,since education is free for these kids till the age of 18 yrs. Kindly let me know. Thankyou.

msh1975, India

My daughter is downs syndrome child, i want to know whether this disabilty
> comes under,the national trust for welfare of persons with autism Cerebral
> palys,mental retardation act 1999, pls guide me.

toton, India

madam i am a member in a local level committee in the dist of murshidabad. no meeting so called from two years so i want that how i can organized this meeting for this purpose .pl take necessary action

viresh, N/A

to ramani i am veeresh from hyd if u r interested i 'll help u out from helding the transfer of ur husband from chennai to jaipur it takes only 5 working days to finish the matter kindly call 09392517848

vibgyor, N/A

what are the rules of tax deduction for a disabled person in relation to buying a flat/car/electronic equipments for their personal needs.

do such person get special concessions/relief from our govt.

View all Comments (8)

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store