Developed by Medindia Content Team
| Health Videos Reviewed by The Medindia Medical Review Team
on Feb 07, 2020
Here are a few tips to tackle depression:
* Stay connected with loved ones. Meet friends and get your daily dose of laughter. Socializing with like-minded people and friends lifts up your happiness quotient, studies show. Be it Facebook, Twitter, or a simple lunch with your friends, it can help you catch up with some 'healthy' gossip. Socializing is thought to remove negative feelings and release the feel-good hormones.
* Seek professional help if you ever feel suicidal. This is a red flag that cannot be ignored.
Have a good night's sleep. Don't dwell on anxiety or emotional issues that are keeping you from falling asleep. Sleeping for at least 7-8 hours can relax your mind and body.
* Read or take up a hobby and help yourself heal. Go for a walk in a garden or forest, listen to music, enjoy a hot bath, get a massage, read a favorite book, take a yoga class, or savor a warm cup of tea. Playing Mahjong when you're feeling depressed can help improve your mood.
* Exercise regularly, as it's a wonderful tool for overcoming depression and major depressive disorder. Practicing yoga daily for 15 min can boost your mood and helps improve your physical and emotional health.
* Keep a pet. Taking your dog for a walk, playing with a dog or a cat, or just lazing around home with your kitten can boost your spirits, studies say.
* Eating some dark chocolate every day can significantly enhance your mood and reduce the risk of depression. Dark chocolates are good for depression, as they are rich in flavonoids and antioxidant chemicals.
DisclaimerAll information and content on this site are for information and educational purposes only. The information should not be used for either diagnosis or treatment or both for any health related problem or disease. Always seek the advice of a qualified physician for medical diagnosis and treatment.