** Oral Hygiene and Prevention**
Prevention of any problem in the mouth can be done by certain basic measures taken towards maintenance of oral hygiene.
• A regular twice-daily brushing and flossing regime,
• balanced diet rich in fibre helps in preventing all kinds of oral health problems.
• Control of blood sugar levels amongst diabetics
• and blood pressure amongst hypertensive individuals helps maintain a healthy oral environment and diminishes infections.
• A regular dental check-up every six months will help in identifying the presence of any problem in the oral health structures and treating them on time.
Toothache amongst children can be quiet a troublesome situation because of their refusal to visit a dentist.
• Rinsing their mouth with clean water after meals will help diminish the accumulation of decay causing bacteria. This can be started as early as six to 12 months of age.
• Use of mouthguards during outdoor sports such as football and others can significantly diminish trauma to the oral structures.
Self-medication for treating tooth ache is usually not recommended, but an oral NSAID or few proven home remedies might be used for temporary pain relief.
All information and content on this site are for information and educational purposes only. The information should not be used for either diagnosis or treatment or both for any health related problem or disease. Always seek the advice of a qualified physician for medical diagnosis and treatment.