Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine For Treatment of Malaria, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus & COVID-19 Infection
Hydroxychloroquine, the less toxic version of Chloroquine and also an off-the-shelf drug.
Chloroquine comes from bark of the Cinchona plant and has been available since 1940
Chloroquine is used to treat
• Extra intestinal amebiasis - amebiasis occurring outside the intestine
• Rheumatoid arthritis -inflammation of joints
• Lupus Erythematosus- an autoimmune disease causing scaly red patches on the skin, on the face
• COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2Virus
Hydroxychloroquine or Chloroquine in Malaria
Treatment - of uncomplicated malaria like –
- Malarial parasites P. falciparum, P.malariae, P. ovale, and P.vivax.
Prevention – in certain geographic areas
Relapse - Does not prevent relapses in patients with vivax or ovale malaria
Choloroquine was used as an herbal remedy by Peruvians tribe four centuries ago to treat fever
Font : A-A+
Abiraterone is used in combination with prednisolone to treat metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) or hormone-resistant cancer who received docetaxel (chemotherapeutic drug) previously.
Disclaimer - All information and content on this site are for information and educational purposes only. The information should not be used for either diagnosis or treatment or both for any health related problem or disease. Always seek the advice of a qualified physician for medical diagnosis and treatment. Full Disclaimer