1. Are Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide the same?
Yes : 78 No : 91
2. Euthanasia is never ethically justified
Strongly agree : 31 Agree : 20 Neutral : 30 Strongly disagree : 33 Disagree : 55
3. The principal moral consideration about euthanasia is the question of whether the person freely chooses to die or not.
Strongly agree : 65 Agree : 61 Neutral : 26 Strongly disagree : 13
4. There are some situations in which euthanasia should be legal
Strongly agree : 94 Agree : 25 Neutral : 17 Strongly disagree : 15 Disagree : 18
5. There are some situations in which I would be willing to participate in euthanasia
Strongly agree : 50 Agree : 47 Neutral : 35 Strongly disagree : 32
6. Assisted Suicide is never ethically justified
Strongly agree : 33 Agree : 17 Neutral : 35 Strongly disagree : 34 Disagree : 50
7. There are some situations in which Assisted Suicide should be legal
Strongly agree : 55 Agree : 48 Neutral : 25 Strongly disagree : 21 Disagree : 20
8. Animals are put to sleep when they are suffering. We should do the same for humans - do you agree?
Strongly agree : 59 Agree : 35 Neutral : 25 Strongly disagree : 23 Disagree : 27
9. Is Physician Assisted Suicide morally justified?
Strongly agree : 36 Agree : 47 Neutral : 39 Strongly disagree : 26 Disagree : 21
10. There should be
A law-allowing physician assisted suicide : 81 A law-prohibiting physician assisted suicide : 33 No law, leave it to physician-patient relationship : 34 No law, medical profession should provide guidelines : 21
11. In the course of your medical practice, has a patient ever asked you to hasten his/her death?
Had been asked to hasten death : 48 Had not been asked to hasten death : 121
12. If a terminally ill patient asked me to bring an end to his or her life, I would consider doing so if it were legal.
Strongly agree : 45 Agree : 51 Undecided : 30 Strongly disagree : 30 Disagree : 13
13. Do you think that euthanasia should be legalized in India?
Strongly agree : 38 Agree : 41 Undecided : 55 Strongly disagree : 22 Disagree : 13
14. If someone is surviving because of a life support machine, who do you think should decide when/whether the machine is turned off?
Patient : 87 Family or relatives : 63 The physician : 19
15. Do you think that people should be allowed to make a living will?
Yes : 125 No : 13 Can't say : 31
16. Do you think the government will pass a bill saying that Euthanasia with the patient's consent should be legalized?
Yes : 72 No : 36 Can't say : 61
|15 - 25 yrs||124|
|26 - 35 yrs||17|
|36 - 50 yrs||16|
|51 - 60 yrs||5|
|Above 60 yrs||7|
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Black food is the new green owing to its health benefits from cardiovascular health to weight loss. ...
Scurvy is a condition that occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin C. It occurs only rarely, since ...
Pets can give you diseases. Surprised? You may love your pet but beware! Your pets might be ...View All