VANCOUVER, British Columbia
, Nov. 14, 2019
/PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Specialty Technical Publishers (STP) and Specialty Technical Consultants (STC) announce the availability of the newly updated International Audit Protocol Consortium (IAPC) EHS audit protocol for Argentina
. Leading companies around the world use IAPC EHS audit protocols to understand the scope of their EHS regulatory obligations and rapidly collect, share, archive, and export audit findings in a cost effective manner. IAPC EHS audit protocols are now prepared by STC in partnership with STP and continue to focus on those national (plus, in some cases, regional or provincial) EHS requirements that have site-specific application for manufacturing operations. As a leading EHS management consulting firm with a global network of experienced EHS teaming partners, STC has indepth knowledge and technical expertise of local/regional EHS requirements.
STP and STC maintain leading-edge EHS audit protocols for more than 50 jurisdictions. The protocol documents are written in English and are available in MS Word, Adobe Acrobat and Excel formats, as well as through STP's web-based portal or can be integrated into an existing company platform. Using the protocols' custom templates and advanced functionality features, auditors can easily track audit findings and manage data over time to improve compliance, risk management and safety performance. In addition, STP's formatting is compatible with leading risk management and sustainability platform providers.
Highlights of selected legislation covered in the newly developed protocol include:
- "Resolution No. 297 of September 10, 2018" establishes a new Registry of Establishments and Activities of the Matanza Riachuelo Basin, in which all operations and activities in the Matanza Riachuelo Basin and the Dock Sud sector must register (unless their operations are specifically excluded).
- "Decree No. 531 of May 17, 2019" implements "Law No. 11,459/93" and sets the general requirements for industrial facilities in the province to apply for classification of the facility's Environmental Complexity Level and to obtain an environmental operating authorization.
- "Resolution No. 494 of July 15, 2019" details the 3-phase framework for industrial facilities to apply for a Classification of Environmental Complexity Level and environmental certificate through the provincial web portal.
- "Decree No. 1074 of September 13, 2018" repeals "Decree No. 3,395/96" and creates new rules to control air pollution.
- "Resolution No. 71 of February 12, 2019" requires that anyone who imports or exports mercury must obtain prior informed consent.
- "Resolution No. 75 of February 13, 2019" prohibits the manufacture, import, and export of products with added mercury.
- "Decree No. 593 of August 27, 2019" re-approves the regulation of "Law No. 26,045" related to precursor chemicals, and requires that containers of listed chemicals destined for the domestic market have special labeling. The listed substances include many common industrial chemicals such as acetone, ethyl ether, sulfuric acid, etc.
For more information on all International EHS audit protocols offered by STP and STC click here.
About Specialty Technical Publishers Specialty Technical Publishers (STP) produces technical resource guides covering environmental, health & safety, transportation, accounting, business practices, standards and law, offering comprehensive guidance on key compliance and regulatory issues. STP is a division of Glacier Media Inc., a Canadian information communications company that provides primary and essential information in print, electronic and online media. Glacier's Business and Professional Information Group publishes directories, technical manuals, research and development materials, medical education, electronic databases, investment information and specialty websites.
About Specialty Technical Consultants Specialty Technical Consultants, Inc. (STC) is a specialized management consulting firm working to enhance environmental health and safety (EHS) performance. Through its consulting services, STC partners with clients to strengthen management systems' design and implementation, and identifies needs and implements solutions to meet business objectives. Services provided include: EHS compliance support; risk assessment; EHS auditing; corporate responsibility and sustainability; EHS management systems development and implementation; EHS regulatory information tools; and EHS training.
STC is certified as a Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and the Supplier Clearinghouse for the California Public Utilities Commission, and as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program.
SOURCE Specialty Technical Publishers