, Oct. 30, 2019
Vantage EyeCare, LLC is pleased to announce the addition of Dr. Allen Richmond
to its Northern Ophthalmic Associates Division,
and welcomes Valley Eye Professionals
as its newest Division.
"Vantage EyeCare continues to grow because of its commitment to preserving physician independence as the hallmark of patient-centered care," says Dr. Richard Prince
, President. "We are honored to have Dr. Richmond, and the outstanding providers of Valley Eye Professionals, entrust their patients to our community-based care delivery model."
Vantage EyeCare started with the simple idea that doctors are the best stewards of their patients' health, treatment and healing. Nationally there is mounting pressure on physicians to sell their practices to large health systems, hospitals or even private investment companies. Vantage EyeCare seeks to ensure that its doctors and staff have access to resources, support and innovation that, in turn, best serves our patients. Vantage is the largest private practice ophthalmology group in the country that remains entirely physician owned and operated.
For additional information about Vantage EyeCare's newest Providers, please see below:
Northern Ophthalmic Associates
Valley Eye Professionals (On-Boarding Early 2020)
- Allen C. Richmond, MD, has long served the Northeast Philadelphia community from his office at the Torresdale Medical Campus on Red Lion Road. He brings over 30 years of experience as a board-certified ophthalmologist, having trained at the prestigious Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania.
- Joanna M. Fisher, MD, founded Valley Eye Professionals in 2006. She serves as Chief of Ophthalmology and Attending Surgeon at Holy Redeemer Hospital. She actively participates on the teaching staff as Associate Surgeon in the Cataract and Primary Eyecare Department at Wills Eye Hospital. Additionally, Dr. Fisher is a Clinical Associate Professor at Thomas Jefferson University.
- Colleen P. Halfpenny, MD, completed her residency in ophthalmology at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia where she was elected Co-Chief Resident in her final year. Dr. Halfpenny then completed a Fellowship in Cornea, Refractive Surgery and Uveitis at the F.I. Proctor Foundation and University of California San Francisco. She was thrilled to move back to the area in 2009 and join Dr. Fisher, with whom she had worked as a resident at Wills. Dr. Halfpenny is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology at Thomas Jefferson School of Medicine, is an active part of the teaching staff of the Cataract Service at Wills Eye Hospital, and also on staff at Holy Redeemer Hospital where she lectures on diabetic eye health.
- Alessandra Intili, MD, practices Comprehensive Ophthalmology with an emphasis on Reconstructive and Cosmetic surgery of the eyelids. Dr. Intili is also certified in cosmetic services for the face and eyelids. She completed her ophthalmology residency at Wills Eye Hospital and completed the Wills Eye Academic Global Ophthalmology Fellowship with a focus on Oculoplastics. She remains a faculty member at Wills Eye Hospital and an associate professor at Jefferson Hospital, where she continues to surgically and clinically mentor Ophthalmology residents in the most complex forms of cataract extraction. She also serves as Co-Director for the Academic Global Ophthalmology fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital and remains actively involved with the global ophthalmology community.
- Jody Piltz-Seymour, MD, has provided university-level, subspecialty glaucoma care throughout the Philadelphia region for more than 20 years. She is a Clinical Professor at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, on faculty at the Wills Eye Hospital Glaucoma Service, and serves as an instructor in resident education. She previously served for 15 years as Director of Glaucoma Services at the University of Pennsylvania and was the Principal Investigator for the landmark Ocular Hypertensive Treatment Study with a grant of over one million dollars from the National Institute of Health.
- David DeFranceisco, OD, earned his Bachelor of Science in Biology from Villanova University in 1981 and his Doctor of Optometry from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University in 1986. He completed internship programs at The Eye Institute of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Joint Base McGuire-Fort Dix Hospital in Lakehurst, and Lynch Pediatric Unit at The Eye Institute. Dr. DiFranceisco continued his training with a residency program at Rhode Island Group Health in Newport from 1986-89. Dr. DiFranceisco has been with Valley Eye Professionals since its inception in 2006 and has worked with Dr. Fisher since 1998.
As an independent practice group, the physicians of Vantage EyeCare have access to multiple health systems across the region, including Crozer-Keystone, Jefferson/Wills Eye Hospital, Penn Medicine/Scheie Eye Institute, and Virtua. Such freedom of choice means we can tailor care to meet the needs of each individual patient, and innovate across multiple strategic opportunities. Ultimately, we answer to our patients and no one else.
, firstname.lastname@example.org | 610.812.4539
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vantage-eyecare-llc-announces-continued-growth-into-2020-300948616.html
SOURCE Vantage EyeCare, LLC