SAN FRANCISCO, March 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global urology surgical instruments market size is expected
to reach USD 14.12 billion
by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 7.9% CAGR during the forecast period. Growing geriatric population, increasing prevalence of urinary disorders, rising
preference for minimally invasive surgeries, surging R&D investments, and ongoing product launches by manufacturers are some of the key factors driving this market.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160524/371361LOGO )
According to the National Association for Continence, one in five individuals over the age of 40 suffers from urine urgency, overactive bladder, or leakage of urine. Urinary incontinence is highly prevalent among geriatric population and often results in poor quality of life, high costs, and morbidity. As per the American Society of Nephrology, urologic issues are the third most common complaint among people 65 years and above and they account for approximately 47.0% of visits to the physician. Thus, rising geriatric population could lead to increase in prevalence of urinary problems, thereby boosting demand for urology surgical instruments in the coming years.
There has been growing preference for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) in gynecology and urology in recent years. Many manufacturers are focusing on development of products to be used for such procedures. For instance, in FY 2017, the research and development expenses of Olympus Corporation were pegged at USD 355.21 million. Similarly, the R&D costs of Coloplast in 2016/17 were nearly USD 94.08 million (DKK 574 million). This has increased from USD 83.43 million (DKK 509 million) in 2015/16. These R&D investments aid in development and launch of new products in the market.
Browse full research report with TOC on
"Urology Surgical Instruments Market Analysis Report By Product (Endoscopes, Endovision Systems, Peripheral Systems, Consumables & Accessories), By Application (CKD, Urinary Stones, Oncology), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at:
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- By product, the consumables and accessories segment held majority of the market in 2016 due to repeated usage of these products and their disposable nature
- On the basis of application, chronic kidney diseases (CKD) held the dominant share in 2016 owing to rise in cases of CKD, increasing number of clinical trials for new non-invasive procedures to treat these conditions, and initiatives by governments across the globe
- North America dominated the global market owing to an increase in demand for minimally invasive urology surgeries, positive reimbursement scenario, and high adoption of advanced technologies
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest growth owing to improving healthcare infrastructure, rising prevalence of urology disorders, and growing popularity of this region as a destination for medical tourism
- Some of the key players are Olympus Corporation, Coloplast Group, Richard Wolf GmbH, KARL STORZ, Cook, Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic, Teleflex Incorporated, and Stryker.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Physiotherapy Equipment Market
- The global physiotherapy equipment market size was valued at USD 16.3 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% over the forecast period. Increasing incidence rate of injuries and pain in the body's ligaments, nerves, muscles, back and neck due to unhealthy lifestyle is a key driving factor of the market growth.
- Tumor Ablation Market
- The global tumor ablation market size was valued at USD 840.1 million in 2016 and is expected to grow at CAGR of 11.1% over the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of cancer is the major factor contributing for the growth of the market.
- Nurse Call System Market
- The global nurse call equipment system market size was valued at USD 870 million in 2016 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 13.7% over the forecast period.
- In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Market
- The global in-vitro fertilization (IVF) market size was valued at USD 14.1 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.8%. Increase in cases of infertility and development of advanced technologies such as lens less imaging of the sperms are likely to drive the market in coming years.
Grand View Research has segmented the global urology surgical instruments market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Urology Surgical Instruments Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Endovision Systems
- Light Sources
- Camera Heads
- Monitors & Displays
- Peripheral Systems
- Endoscopy Fluid Flushing Devices
- Consumables & Accessories
- Stone Baskets/Retrieval Devices and Extractors
- Biopsy Devices
- Fluid Flushing Devices, Connecting Tubes, Clamps, Overtubes, and Distal Attachments
- Dilator Sets and Ureteral Access Sheaths
- Drainage Bags
- Surgical Dissectors
- Needle Forceps and Needle Holders
- Urology Surgical Instruments Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Chronic Kidney Diseases (CKD)
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Urinary Stones
- Urinary Incontinence (UI) and Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP)
- Other Applications
- Urology Surgical Instruments Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.