NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Clinical and Non-Clinical Patches for Monitoring, Detection, Diagnosis, Medication
Management and Treatment, Health, Wellness, and Prevention: Global Market Analysis and ForecastsRead the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05201377The market for connected wearable patches is still in the initial stages of development and
commercial availability, but holds great promise, with the potential to improve the health of patients and contribute to lower healthcare costs. Connected patches may enable patients and providers to diagnose, manage, and treat patients in a simpler, more convenient, and rapid manner. There are more patches on the market and there has been a lot of movement in the regulatory and reimbursement areas for certain categories. The addition of wireless connectivity greatly enhances the value of this device type for both clinical and non-clinical uses. In the clinical setting, physicians and nurses have access to a real-time, continuous flow of data, allowing trends to be detected, which can prevent patient deterioration. Connectivity enhances non-clinical uses by offering a more personalized experience. Advances have been made in sensor accuracy, comfort, and the demonstration of use cases both in the clinical and non-clinical areas.Medical monitoring, detection, and diagnosis applications lead the market in terms of shipments for both clinical and non-clinical use. Awareness is growing of the benefits that connected wearable patches will provide to medical professionals and patients. Medication management and treatment offers much promise, but the development and regulatory timeframes are much longer. Connected wearable patch technologies that can assist with the problem of medication adherence will be of the highest interest, particularly from pharmaceutical companies and payers. Health, wellness, and prevention applications are still in the very early stages; however, use cases are growing. Tractica forecasts that total shipments of connected wearable patches will reach 35.1 million units annually by 2022, and will account for $7.9 billion
in revenue by the end of the forecast period.This report examines the market trends, drivers and barriers, applications and use cases, technology issues, and key industry players for connected wearable patches within the clinical and non-clinical environments. It presents forecasts for unit shipments, revenue, average selling prices, application areas, and end use markets during the period from 2016 through 2022. The report focuses on three main use cases for connected wearable patches: medical monitoring, detection, and diagnosis; medication management and treatment; and health, wellness, and prevention. The report includes profiles of 25 key market participants.Key Questions Addressed:
- What is the current state of the connected wearable patch market from a medical and health/wellness perspective, and how will it develop over the next several years?
- What are the key applications and use cases for connected wearable patches?
- What is the global forecast for unit shipments and revenue, and how does the size of the market opportunity vary by world region?
- What are the key drivers of market growth and the key challenges faced by players in this space?
- Who are the key and emerging players in the connected wearable patch space?
- What are the main connectivity technologies used for connected wearable patches?
Who Needs This Report?
- Connected/smart patch developers
- Medical device, appliance, and equipment companies
- Semiconductor and component companies
- Health systems, payers, and provider networks
- Pharmaceutical and life sciences companies
- Remote patient monitoring companies
- Government agencies
- Investor community
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05201377
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place. __________________________ Contact Clare: email@example.com
US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/total-shipments-of-connected-wearable-patches-will-reach-351-million-units-annually-by-2022-300557302.html