SAN FRANCISCO, March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global thermometer market is expected to reach a value
of USD 1.5 billion
by 2025, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing number of medical conditions requiring accurate measurement of body temperature for deciding the treatment options is expected to enhance
demand for thermometers over the forecast period. High prevalence of diseases such as malaria, swine flu, and dengue, which can be diagnosed primarily by observing body temperature is estimated to provide potential growth opportunities for this market in developing countries.
In addition, requirement for maintenance of an environment of specific temperature in various industries such as food, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals is another high rendering driver resulting in increasing demand for digital and infrared temperature measuring devices. Development of devices with technological advancements for accurately measuring minute temperature differences is expected to be a growth booster for this industry. For instance, the Exergen TAT-2000C can be used to measure body temperature by just rolling the device tip over the child's forehead.
Browse full research report with TOC on
"Thermometer Market Analysis By Product (Mercury-Based, Mercury-Free, Infrared Thermometers, Digital Thermometers), By Application (Medical, Industrial, Food, Laboratory), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The mercury-based thermometers segment dominated the overall market in 2016 in terms of revenue share owing to factors such as growing demand for accuracy in temperature measurement and ease in handling
- Digital thermometers held more than one-third of the market share in 2016 in the mercury-free segment due to benefits such as cost-effectiveness, easier analysis of temperature to a tenth of a degree, and beep indication after temperature fluctuations
- Other types of mercury-free thermometers such as disposable ones, temperature strips, and gas thermometers are expected to be fastest growing and are collectively expected to grow at a lucrative CAGR
- In term of applications, medical fields including hospital, clinics, and primary healthcare centers dominated the overall market in terms of revenue share as of 2016
- On the other hand, the industrial application segment is expected to showcase lucrative growth over the forecast period as pharmaceutical, chemical, and biotechnology industries require specific temperature maintenance during various stages of product development
- To avoid contamination and degradation of food & beverages and retain the quality of temperature-sensitive eatables, maintenance of a specific temperature is required. Thus, thermometers have applications in the food industry too
- Increasing number of health-conscious consumers, established healthcare infrastructure, and increasing demand for disposable thermometers are the key factors attributing for highest revenue generation of the North American region
- The Asia Pacific regional market is expected to register significant growth over the forecast period with CAGR of 8.3% owing to emerging economies, growing base of target population, and growing concern for personal health
- Some of the key players in this industry include Exergen Corporation, Omron Healthcare, Inc.; TERUMO CORPORATION, Citizen Systems, 3M (Nexcare), Innovo Medical, RADIANT INNOVATION INC., Good Neighbor Pharmacy, and Fairhaven Health, LLC.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Fluid Management Systems Market -
- Surgical Incision Closure Market -
- Kidney Fibrosis Treatment Market -
- Disposable Medical Sensors Market -
Grand View Research has segmented the thermometer market by product, applications, and region:
- Thermometer Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Infra-Red Radiation Thermometer
- Digital Thermometer
- Thermometer Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Thermometer Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Read Our Blog:
Thermometer Market: Growing demand for self-healthcare is a major driver
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.