DALLAS, Jan. 17, 2019 A new white paper by The Beryl Institute explores the role of nurse leadership and the impact
and influence nurse leaders can have to uncover the fundamental practices and actions which drive experience success. Published in collaboration with The Beryl Institute's Nurse Executive Council, The Role of Nurse Executives in Patient Experience, provides three macro themes which positively impact patient experience success: elevating humanity, acting holistically by listening and engaging all individuals and acknowledging all voices.
This white paper shares nurse leaders' thoughts, reflections and learned lessons from the experience journey including the importance of:
- Helping all individuals recognize the impact they have on the patient experience
- Creating an experience culture within senior leadership
- Committing to leadership rounding as an essential practice for sustaining culture
- Listening and building processes that support feedback
- Connecting focus with a sense of purpose on the experience journey
The voices reflected in this white paper include nine contributors from The Beryl Institute's Nurse Executive Council:
- Debra Albert, MSN, MBA, RN NEA-BC, SVP, Patient Care Services, CNO, University of Chicago Medicine
- Dale Beatty, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, CNO/VP Patient Care Services, Stanford Health
- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN, CENP, FAAN, Senior Vice President & Chief Nurse Executive, HCA Healthcare
- Karen Grimley, PhD, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, FACHE, Chief Nursing Executive, UCLA Health and Assistant Dean School of Nursing, UCLA
- Barbara Jacobs, MSN, NEA-BC, VP Nursing/CNO, Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Jerry Mansfield, Ph.D., RN, NEA-BC, Executive Chief Nursing Officer and Chief Patient Experience Officer, Medical University of South Carolina Health
- Nancy Shendell-Falik, RN, MA, President, Baystate Medical Center, SVP Hospital Operations, Baystate Health
- Charleen Tachibana, DNP, RN, FAAN, Senior Vice President, Quality & Safety, CNO, Virginia Mason Health System
- Laura Wood, DNP, MS, RN, NEA-BC, SVP, Patient Care Operations & CNO, Boston Children's Hospital
"The thoughtful voices of the nurse leaders represented in this paper reinforce the vital role Nurse Executives can and must play to ensure an unwavering commitment to experience in their organizations," said Jason A. Wolf, PhD, CPXP, President of The Beryl Institute. "As Nurse Executives have both a presence in the C-Suite and a pulse on the front lines of care they are the critical connector and catalyst for all a healthcare organization can do in elevating the human experience."
To download the white paper, visit http://www.theberylinstitute.org/?page=WhitePapers.
### About The Beryl Institute: The Beryl Institute is the global community of practice dedicated to improving the patient experience through collaboration and shared knowledge. We define patient experience as the sum of all interactions, shaped by an organization's culture, that influence patient perceptions across the continuum of care.
SOURCE The Beryl Institute