SAN FRANCISCO, November 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global surgical retractors market size is expected
to reach USD 1.81 billion
by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 3.2% CAGR over the forecast period. The market is primarily driven by unprecedented upsurge in surgical volume over
the past few years. According to data published by WHO, the global surgical volume was estimated at 312.9 million in 2012 from 226.4 million in 2004. The statistics also showed that the mean global surgical rate is approximately 4,469 surgeries per 100,000 population per year. These numbers exemplify the widening scope of surgery and adoption of retractors.
(Logo: https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/661327/Grand_View_Research_Logo.jpg )
Increase in number of cesarean surgeries has fueled demand for C-section retractors. As per the American Medical Association, adoption rate of cesarean surgeries is around 19.0% globally. Technological developments, such as automation in surgical instruments, are improving minimally invasive surgeries, thus creating high growth potential for the market. For instance, advent of atraumatic laparoscopic retractors and 3D retractors has ensured greater safety during surgeries and reduced post-operative complications.
Browse full research report with TOC on
"Surgical Retractors Market Analysis Report By Type (Hand-held, Self-retaining), By Product, By Application, By End Use (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025"at:
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- By type, hand-held retractors accounted for the largest share in 2017 as a result of advantages such as low cost of product handling, storage, and maintenance. Self-retaining retractors are predicted to exhibit lucrative growth owing to greater convenience associated with them
- On the basis of product, orthopedic retractors held a considerable share in 2017 owing to increasing incidence of orthopedic disorders in bariatric and geriatric patients
- Obstetrics and gynecology dominated the market based on application owing to upsurge in number of C-section surgeries and gynecological preventive examinations globally
- In 2017, North America held a substantial market share owing to growing prevalence of chronic diseases and presence of highly advanced medical infrastructure. Adoption of technologically advanced products is also presenting high growth prospects
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness significant growth owing to improving healthcare systems, rising healthcare expenditure, and growing awareness
- Key companies include Teleflex, Johnson & Johnson, B.Braun, Medtronic, Thompson Surgical, and Becton, Dickinson and Company
- The market is highly competitive with key participants consistently deploying strategies such as mergers and acquisitions to gain competitive advantage. For instance, in April 2017, Teleflex acquired Pyng Medical to gain a leadership position and expand its product portfolio.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Airway Management Devices Market - The global airway management devices market size was valued at USD 1.1 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period.
- Pancreatic Cancer Treatment Market - The global pancreatic cancer treatment market size was valued at USD 1.7 billion in 2015.
- Sterilization Equipment Market - The global sterilization equipment market size was valued at USD 3.9 billion in 2015.
- Women's Health Rehabilitation Products Market - The global women's health rehabilitation products market size was valued at USD 2.6 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical retractors market on the basis of type, product, application, end use, and region:
- Surgical Retractors Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Surgical Retractors Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Surgical Retractors Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Wound Closure
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Surgical Retractors End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Surgical Retractors Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database,
Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.