SAN FRANCISCO, September 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global systemic lupus erythematosus market size
is expected to reach USD 3.08 billion
by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 7.0% during the forecast period. Introduction of new biological therapies, which will add to treatment
alternatives and medication costs, in the development pipeline is estimated to fuel revenue generation of the market. Certain new promising drugs that are currently in Phase III trials are anticipated to augment the market as these drugs may target the lupus nephritis patient subset with few effective alternatives and significant unmet needs to be met. This factor is likely to have a strong impact on the market as nearly 50.0% of SLE patients suffer with lupus nephritis.
(Logo: https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/661327/Grand_View_Research_Logo.jpg )
Use of approved biologic, Benlysta, through clinical studies, has revealed drastic improvements and substantial decrease in consumption of anti-inflammatory glucocorticoids in moderate SLE cases. GSK's current initiatives center on further increasing opportunities for Benlysta. The company is conducting indication expansion clinical trials, combination therapy studies with rituximab, and new product development, to widen opportunities for its therapy. In this direction, recent launch of Benlysta's subcutaneous formulation in several countries is expected to boost the SLE market over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on
"Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Drug Class (Immunosuppressants, Biologics, Antimalarials, NSAIDs, Corticosteroids), By Route of Administration, and Segment Forecasts 2018 - 2025" at:
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- North America was the major contributor for the SLE market revenue in 2017 and is anticipated to rise at a CAGR of 8.1% during the forecast period. This is due to availability of reimbursement and better healthcare infrastructure and accessibility to biologics.
- Europe was ranked as the second largest regional market in the SLE market in 2017 and is expected to register a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period
- Immunosuppressants held the largest share in the market in 2017 due to their low cost and high accessibility, whereas the biologics segment is projected to post the highest CAGR during the same period
- In 2017, the oral segment held the dominant share of over 54.0% in the market, followed by the intravenous segment that requires trained medical personnel for administration. Over the forecast years, the latter is poised to expand at a CAGR of 10.4%
- Key players in this space include GlaxoSmithKline, Roche, Pfizer, Novartis, Bayer, and Sanofi. By 2025, other companies such as ImmuPharma, Aurinia Pharmaceuticals, and Astra Zeneca are anticipated to enter the SLE market.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market - The global prostate cancer therapeutics market size was valued at USD 7.9 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period.
- Radiodermatitis Market - The global radiodermatitis market size was estimated at USD 310.9 million in 2016 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.0% throughout the forecast period.
- Oncology Based In-vivo CRO Market - The global oncology based in-vivo CRO market size was valued at USD 725.0 million in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 8.0% over the forecast period.
- Erythropoietin (EPO) Drugs Market - The global erythropoietin (EPO) drugs market size was valued at USD 7.4 billion in 2016 and is expected to witness CAGR of 11.5% during the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global systemic lupus erythematosus market by drug class, route of administration, and region:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Drug Classes Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Latin America
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database,
Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.