, March 12, 2020
/PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- RFT a leading provider of wireless safety and security solutions for healthcare, hospitality and education, has recently announced an innovative change to their current patient security software. The SAFE PLACE® Enterprise Software is an entirely redesigned and modern software platform to serve your operational needs.
The new SAFE PLACE® Enterprise software release maintains the company's most popular hospital products, including Infant Security, Pediatric Security, and Elopement Management Solutions, on a single modernized platform.
Enhancements for clinical staff:
- Connect from Anywhere -- With the browser-based interface you do not need a dedicated workstation or need to install software on every machine. The interface allows access via your facility's secure web connection.
- User Friendly -- Modern, intuitive design is easy to learn and fast to use. Streamlined interface helps you find what you need, when you need it. Improved workflow aligns with common nursing practices, reducing procedural errors and alarm fatigue.
- Designed for Mobile -- Caregivers can conveniently receive alerts on their mobile devices. The ability to seamlessly view alerts, coordinate care, and classify events "on the fly" improves workflow efficiency.
- Fewer False Alarms -- A transmitter can be classified as 'Off Unit" while its wearer is away from the unit, without needing to be disarmed and reactivated upon their return. Once back within range, the patient is immediately secure.
- Coordinated Caregivers -- Receive and 'Claim' alerts to coordinate responses with other caregivers. Also includes easy Event Classification to provide detailed reporting for Quality Assurance purposes.
- Easy Troubleshooting -- Makes it easier to keep track of misplaced transmitters; a 'green' icon indicates an active or available transmitter, while 'grey' signifies a transmitter is unavailable or missing.
- Remote Access (optional) -- With optional remote access, browser-based interface allows for access from offices or another site via your facility's secure web connection.
In addition to significant key features, the SAFE PLACE Enterprise contains several user enhancements. "This platform was designed from the ground up with IT compliance and information security in mind" says Paul Larson
, VP of Engineering Services for RFT. This release includes the below improvements:
- iOS App - In addition to the Mobile Client and the Android app, SAFE PLACE® Enterprise now has an iOS application that allows you to respond to alarms from your iOS mobile device running iOS 11 and higher.
- SAFE PLACE® Enterprise alarms will appear as a push notification on your iOS device
- Device will sound / vibrate with each new alarm
- Always logged in
- Can claim alarms from inside the app
- Can perform common functions at the point of care using the app, such as admits, adjusts, and discharges
- Mom-Baby Matching - To help reduce the risk or possibility of mismatching a new born with his or her mother, the SAFE PLACE® Enterprise mom-baby matching feature provides an added layer of protection against human error and a potential mismatch.
Staff is notified visually as well as with an audible alarm at the workstation or on their mobile devices when a mismatch occurs so that they can respond quickly.
- Elopement Management Support – Developed with emergency departments and acute care in mind, SAFE PLACE Enterprise now offers the ability to configure units for elopement management. For units using wander management transmitters, when a banded patient is too close to a monitored exit the doors will lock (if desired), an alarm sounds, and staff members are instantly notified.
- IP Camera Integration – Streaming video for IP cameras can be accessed on the map view allowing responders to see what is happening before they get there.
About RFT RFT is a leading provider of safety and security solutions for the healthcare, hospitality, and education markets, leveraging radio frequency identification (RFID) and real-time locating system (RTLS) technologies. The RFT family brand includes CODE ALERT® call and wander management systems, SAFE PLACE® patient security systems, SENSATEC® fall management products, HELP ALERT® staff duress systems, and EXACTRACK® equipment location systems. With more than 10,000 installations,
RFT was the first in the industry to offer remote monitoring, RF consulting, 24/7 technical support by internal staff specialists, and a nationwide service team.