, March 10, 2020
/PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak in addition to the seasonal flu. It reports the flu vaccines for this year have been updated to better match circulating flu viruses and offers information to help protect your family from respiratory diseases, such as the flu and coronavirus, on its website. The Maids, armed with the muscle of Mr. Clean, offers these tips to cut down on the spread of germs in your home to aid in keeping your family happy and healthy.
- Get a flu shot. According to the CDC, this is still the strongest defense against the influenza virus, and it's not too late.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm soapy water. Scrub for at least 20 seconds. Have young children? Have them sing the ABCs while they scrub for a fun way to pass the time. Carry hand sanitizer with you for those times you can't wash with soap and water.
- Regularly properly disinfect commonly touched surfaces in your home such as phones, doorknobs, remotes, and light switches on a regular basis. Germs can live on surfaces for up to 48 hours.
- Wash items such as towels and bedding regularly with hot water to kill germs. If someone in the home is sick, be sure to wash these items before they are shared.
- If someone in your home has been ill, it's a good idea to give your whole house a deep scrubbing, making sure to disinfect all hard surfaces where germs might live.
The Maids, the exclusive cleaning partner of Mr. Clean, uses its proprietary, Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System to ensure a healthy cleaning process and provide the families we service with the cleanest, healthiest living environment possible. The Healthy Touch cleaning system is a 22-step process that combines healthy cleaning products and strict attention to detail. This along with our HEPA filtered back pack vacuums leave our customer's homes clean and healthy.
Let The Maids help your family fight illnesses and schedule a deep cleaning for your home. For more information, and to find the office nearest you, visit http://www.maids.com.
About The Maids: Exclusive partner of Mr. Clean and known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, The Maids is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. Trust your home to the team that's trusted by Mr. Clean. Visit The Maids (http://www.maids.com) for more information.
SOURCE The Maids International