, Jan. 8, 2020
/PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Myant Inc., leaders in Textile Computing™, will be showcasing the latest developments for a workplace of the future powered by the Myant Platform at CES 2020, happening January 7-10
, in Las Vegas
. These technology demonstrations will highlight how an office environment connected to the Myant Platform will be aware of the worker's current physical and psychological state, anticipate their needs, and react to create personalized experiences that optimize individual performance, resulting in enterprise-wide enhancement of productivity and workforce health and well-being. The bridging of the gap between the human operating system, the digital world and the physical workplace empowers office furniture manufacturers to reimagine the value that their products can provide and to rethink their potential business models and revenue streams for the future.
Creating greater synchronicity between the human worker, the AI-enabled digital world, and the physical work environment is a critical objective for many forward-thinkers such as the Government of Japan
with its Society 5.0 initiative. To realize such a vision Myant has been developing textile-based products throughout the work environment that can sense and react to the identity and state of the individual. The data generated from these interfaces would then be delivered to the Myant Platform where artificial intelligence analyzes and anticipates future needs for the individual or enterprise in real-time. When an office is populated with textiles connected to the digital world (i.e. chairs, desk surfaces, carpeting, etc.), a continuous, ambient, and pervasive connection between the human operating system, the digital world, and the physical environment is formed. Offices connected by textile have the potential then to sense, anticipate and react to workers' needs, reducing friction in work processes, freeing workers to focus on the act of value-creation for the enterprise.
The potential of an office connected by textiles and powered by the Myant Platform could manifest in a myriad of different ways, including the following possibilities:
- Personalized micro-climates and dynamic workplace configurations that continuously optimize according to your current and predicted state, promoting worker productivity, performance, health and wellbeing
- Enterprise-wide predictive health & wellness management that can measure workforce health & wellness, suggest corrective actions to hit enterprise-level wellness targets, report on progress towards these goals to promote adherence, demonstrate return on investment for HR-driven wellness initiatives, and measure real behavioral outcomes to insurers who can in turn adjust premiums
- Continuous, ambient multi-factor biometric security that triangulates between a broad spectrum of biometric measures, enhancing security for the enterprise and its workers, deployed in a frictionless, always-on form factor
- Predictive service and resource management solutions that can observe past and current worker states, factor in contextual information, predict emerging future needs, and intelligently throttle services and resources (like adjusting lighting, heating, energy, lock/unlock doors, redistribute power, etc.) to create a more seamless worker experience and optimally sustainable workplace
- Deeply immersive AR/VR experiences augmented by textiles that foster a truer sense of empathy, enabling more meaningful collaboration between teammates across locations, ultimately bridging the gap between the physical and virtual realities
- Plus, many other possibilities
As an example, analysis of continuous ECG data captured by a desk chair could identify abnormally high levels of anxiety, triggering a notification that suggests mindful breathing or walking to turn your stress into focus. This could be supplemented by an adjustment of your micro-climate (e.g. lighting and heating, seat ergonomics), creating a feedback loop where human biometrics drive responses in the environment designed to regulate the human user. These dynamic relationships between an individual worker and the office can also create value at the enterprise-level, where continuous behavioral evidence for the impact of wellness and awareness programs could drive a reduction in insurance premiums for the company.
"By creating a better connection between the human worker and the AI-enabled connected office, Myant hopes to fundamentally change the way people look at the everyday textile-objects in the workplace," said Ilaria Varoli
, executive vice president at Myant. Reflecting on the transformation on the horizon for office furniture manufacturers, Varoli adds that "an office chair is not simply a piece of furniture anymore, but a way to drive productivity, nurture well-being, and stay connected."
The Connected Office is one of the cornerstones of the Myant Platform, which aims to provide a continuous and ambient connection between people and their bodies, their communities, and their environments across all aspects of daily life (i.e. connected home, connected work, and connected play). Myant's presence at CES 2020 was designed to highlight the possibilities enabled by the Platform, inspiring the world to challenge the way they see everyday textile objects (i.e. everyday textiles on the body and in the environment) and to reimagine the value that these objects can provide. To that end, Myant is showcasing connected textile demos across all facets of life (with Work, Home, and Play coming together to represent the 24 hours of daily life) as well as celebrating the launch of a connected apparel line under Myant's consumer brand Skiin. The Skiin Connected Health & Wellness line of apparel has been honored in the Health & Wellness category of the CES 2020 Innovation Awards. Myant invites the public to visit their booth at CES 2020 (Booth #43925, Sands Expo, Health & Wellness) to explore a world connected by textile and to schedule a private demonstration of the Connected Office technologies.
For more information or to schedule a private meeting at CES 2020, please contact:
Ilaria Varolo Executive Vice President at Myant firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-423-7906 x379
Marketing Strategist at Myant email@example.com, 416-423-7906 x401
VP, Strategy & Business Development at Myant firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-423-7906 x421
About Myant Inc.
Myant has created the world's first platform that continuously and ambiently connects people to their bodies, to each other, and to the world around them. Using connected textiles that can sense and react to the human body and a platform that enables machine learning driven health and performance outcomes, Myant is on a mission to transform human connectedness. With an extensive patent portfolio, key exclusive relationships within the textile computing industry, a multidisciplinary team of researchers, engineers, data scientists, fashion designers and knitting specialists, and over 80,000 ft² of manufacturing capacity, Myant is changing the way people across society connect. Connect with us to find out how we can help you create innovative solutions powered by connected textiles and the Myant Platform.
Visit https://www.myant.ca to learn more.
SOURCE Myant Inc.