MARIETTA, Ga., Oct. 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- MiMedx Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDXG), a leading developer and marketer of regenerativeand therapeutic biologics, today announced that five poster abstracts highlighting studies on the Company's EpiFix® dehydrated Human Amnion/Chorion Membrane (dHACM) allograft and EpiCord® dehydrated human umbilical cord (dHUC) allograft will be presented
The conference begins Friday, November 2nd and concludes on Sunday, November 4th. MiMedx will be exhibiting in booth #207 during all booth times throughout the three-day meeting.
MiMedx will also sponsor a Breakfast Symposium entitled, "PURION® Processed Placental Based Allografts – The Use of Bioactive Tissue Matrices in the Treatment of Wounds," on Friday, November 2nd, from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. The presenters during the breakfast symposium will include:
In addition, MiMedx is sponsoring two educational presentations. The first event will be held on Friday, November 2nd, at 7:30 p.m. with James Stavosky, DPM, presenting, "PURION® Processed Placental Based Allografts: Effective Tools in the Clinic and the Surgical Suite." The second event will be held on Saturday, November 3rd, at 7:00 p.m., with Matthew Garoufalis, DPM, FASPS, FACFAOM, presenting, "Using PURION® Processed Placental Tissue Products for Wound Healing and in Surgery." In-booth demonstrations will be offered by physicians David Kyle, DPM, and Brandon Hawkins, DPM, in the MiMedx booth #207 during exhibit hours.
The five poster abstracts will report on clinical studies of MiMedx EpiFix and EpiCord and chronicle independent case studies relative to MiMedx allografts. The five abstracts will consist of:
1. Highest Scoring Clinical Research Abstract - William Tettelbach, MD; Shawn Cazzell, DPM; Felix Sigal, DPM; Joseph M. Caporusso, DPM; Patrick S. Agnew, DPM; Jason Hanft, DPM; Cyaandi Dove, DPM: A Multicenter Prospective Randomized Controlled Comparative Parallel Study of Dehydrated Human Umbilical Cord Allograft for the Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers
2. William Tettelbach, MD; Shawn Cazzell, DPM; Alexander M. Reyzelman, DPM; Felix Sigal, DPM; Joseph M. Caporusso, DPM; Patrick S. Agnew, DPM: A Prospective, Multicenter, Randomized, Controlled Study Confirming the Efficacy of Dehydrated Human Amnion/Chorion Membrane Allograft in the Management of Diabetic Foot Ulcers
3. Jennifer Lei, PhD; Jenn D. Bullard; Jeremy J. Lim, PhD; Michelle Massee; Anna M. Fallon, PhD; Thomas J. Koob, PhD: Evaluation of Dehydrated Human Umbilical Cord Biological Properties for Wound Care and Soft Tissue Healing
4. John Barbour, MD; F. Raymond Ortega, MD: Augmenting Outcomes in Amputation Stump Surgery – Usage of Amniotic Allograft for Protection of Nerve Coaptation and Prevention of Terminal Stump Wound Healing Issues
5. Stefanie Generao, MSN, FNP-BC: Recalcitrant Chronic Vascular Malformation Ulcer of the Lower Extremity Successfully Treated with Dehydrated Human Amnion/Chorion Allograft and Compression Therapy
MiMedx® is a leading biopharmaceutical company developing and marketing regenerative and therapeutic biologics utilizing human placental tissue allografts with patent-protected processes for multiple sectors of healthcare. The Company processes the human placental tissue utilizing its proprietary PURION® process methodology, among other processes, to produce allografts by employing aseptic processing techniques in addition to terminal sterilization. MiMedx has supplied over 1.3 million allografts to date. For additional information, please visit www.mimedx.com.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mimedx-to-present-clinical-and-scientific-studies-at-sawc-fall-meeting-300741452.html
SOURCE MiMedx Group, Inc.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!