SALT LAKE CITY, July 31, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Lone Peak Biologics is thrilled to announce the latest addition
to its industry-leading line of human biologics products: AmnioShot™. AmnioShot™ is derived from the amniotic fluid of donated birth tissues. It leverages the healing properties of amniotic fluid for clinical applications, and has proteins that are known to promote healing, and reduce or inhibit adhesion and infection in a number of scenarios, some of which include:
- Osteo-Arthritis, Tendinitis
Potential Clinical Applications
- Amniotic fluid has been used in many orthopedic diseases that are resistant to standard techniques, and it is being explored extensively to develop innovative therapies for other conditions. Allogeneic amniotic fluid has been used in Achilles tendinosis and plantar fasciosis by incorporating the amniotic fluid allograft as a suspension tissue scaffold or matrix to assist in tendon and fascia repair.
- One example of this is implantation of amniotic fluid/cell therapy around the plantar fascia or Achilles tendon for the treatment of these conditions. Patients had shown no remission using standard therapies but recorded significant improvement following the use of this amniotic fluid therapy.
- Furthermore, amniotic fluid is known to have low immunogenicity and contains carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, lactate, pyruvate, electrolytes, enzymes, and hormones. Additionally, amniotic fluid contains anti-inflammatory and osteo-promotive agents such as hyaluronic acid, epidermal growth factors (EGF)-angiogenic, transforming growth factors (TGFa and TGFb), and insulin-like growth factors (IGF).
- Moreover, it can be used to support re-epithelialization, aid joints and connective tissues, and as a complement to bone grafts for spine fusions and other bone-healing procedures. Studies on the potential of products like these in regenerative medicine have yielded numerous results, and studies demonstrating the use of amniotic products have been largely successful.
Extraction of Amniotic Fluid
- Amniotic fluid is obtained during at the time of cesarean section. For amniotic fluid donation, there are specific eligibility guidelines the donor must meet including but not limited to the donor must be at least 18 years of age, uncomplicated pregnancy with a singleton fetus, and scheduled for a Cesarean section.
The standard pre-delivery workup comprises of four stages:
- 1. Contacting and interviewing the donor (with the doctor's permission).
- 2. Attending the donor's antenatal appointment upon receiving the doctor's approval—this will enable the team to assess the patient's maternal history, obtain informed consent, and test for the presence of infectious diseases.
- 3. The donor is then selected if she meets the selection criteria based on maternal and medical history and results of infectious disease tests.
- 4. The team is notified of the scheduled date for the cesarean section. A sterile collection system is used to collect the amniotic fluid, after which amniotic fluid is processed using proprietary methods.
- Amniotic fluid is a safe and non-tumorigenic pool of important organic factors. It has shown much promise in orthopedics for the treatment of several diseases including osteoarthritis, tendon injuries, and soft tissue damage.
- Jeremy Jones, COO of Lone Peak Biologics, had this to say about their addition of AmnioShot™: "No doubt that with the growing knowledge of the potential of amniotic-derived products, AmnioShot™ and products like it will lead to a paradigm shift in the treatment of several disorders and injuries across all fields of medicine. "
About Lone Peak Biologics
- Lone Peak Biologics is a distributor of high-quality human cell and tissue-based products based in Utah and procured from the University of Utah Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine program. Products go through comprehensive clinical and laboratory testing to ensure they are safe and effective for patient use. We comply with US FDA regulations for Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P) identified in 21 CFR Part 1271 and Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act.
- Compliance with these regulations ensures the delivery of quality allograft products to healthcare providers with confidence. Furthermore, our proprietary cryopreservation process maximizes the viability and the concentration of our products, allowing our human tissue products to deliver maximum quality in a variety of form factors, some of which include industry-leading biologics products like StemShot® and StemVive®.
If you are either:
- (1) A provider interested in making our products available to your patients; or
- (2) a potential patient seeking either information about regenerative procedures or providers who perform these procedures,
- please contact the email or phone provided with this press release, or fill out this web form and we will respond to you within 24 hours.
SOURCE Lone Peak Biologics