ADA, Mich., May 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Kurt Warner, a two-time professional football
MVP and one of the final five competitors on Season 11 of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," knows a thing or two about how staying healthy can make or break your game, whatever your game in life may be.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/amway/49534
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110519/MM02095 )
Kurt turns 40 this June, which happens to be International Men's Health Month. He recently became a spokesperson for NUTRILITE®, exclusively from AMWAY, the largest selling brand of vitamins in the world. He shows no signs of slowing down and doesn't believe you should, either, no matter what your age. As part of his partnership with NUTRILITE to educate men and their families about optimal health, Kurt put together his "Top 10 Plays for International Men's Health Month" – tips for men of all ages, and the women who support them, who are looking to eat better and live a healthier lifestyle.
- Eat a Rainbow-a-Day – Most Americans eat a lot of beige food, like potatoes and bread. Eight out of ten Americans, to be exact, don't eat enough colorful fruits and veggies. We all need to do a better job of eating a rainbow a day. The Nutrilite Health Institute recommends ten servings a day from across a variety of colors.
- Protein Comes in All Shapes and Sizes – Variety is the spice of life so you'll not only enjoy the health benefits of branching out of your comfort zone, your taste buds will appreciate it, too. Instead of relying just on meat for our protein, my wife Brenda spices our family meals up with quinoa, beans, oats, milk, yogurt, and soy protein.
- Carbs are Cool – Carbohydrates feed our muscles and brains. Cutting out carbs in your diet can have a negative effect on your mood, energy level, ability to build muscle and even to think. So when I'm fueling up for a workout or just trying to make it through a busy day, I eat good carbs like whole grains, fruit, leafy green veggies, and nuts.
- Stay Connected Through Sex – When people read the book I co-wrote with my wife, "First Things First: the Rules of Being a Warner," they're often surprised that, as an old married Christian couple, Brenda and I discuss sex. But we've found that a happy, healthy sex life relieves stress and helps us stay connected. So if you aren't feeling satisfied, talk about it. Your relationship, your family and your health will be better for it.
- Hydration is Huge – Did you know that if you wait until you're thirsty to drink water, you're already experiencing signs of dehydration? So reach for water before you feel thirsty. Eight 8 oz. glasses per day is recommended. I try to have water or a rehydration drink like a NUTRILITE Sports Drink with me everywhere I go.
- Feed Your Heart – Some foods have
heart-healthy benefits, like garlic, onions and apples, which contain nutrients that help lower blood pressure while grapes and blueberries can help cholesterol levels. Grapes are easy for me to eat on the go, and blueberries are a quick addition to my cereal every morning.
- Stay on Top of Stress – Have you ever noticed that you always get a cold when you're life is the most stressful? Stress has a direct impact on the immune system and often leads to unhealthy choices. When I'm stressed, I tend to skimp on sleep. Spending time with friends or family, praying, practicing yoga, or playing with your pet can help you deal with stress in a healthy way.
- Mind Games Matter – Exercise your body AND your brain. Brain-stimulating games can keep your mind in top shape and support your memory. One of my favorites is playing Scrabble on my smart phone while I'm flying or waiting somewhere (but not while my wife or kids are waiting to talk to me!)
- Make Exercise Fun – I like to minimize time on the treadmill and instead maximize time playing with my kids and friends while I exercise. A game of pick-up basketball or an hour on the skating rink makes exercise fun.
- Supplement Your Diet – The busier your life is, the harder it is to get all the nutrients you need in your diet. To cover all my bases, I take the NUTRILITE Perfect Pack every day. It includes a multivitamin, a concentrated fruits and vegetable supplement and an omega-3 supplement.
These days, Kurt keeps more than busy in Arizona with his wife Brenda and their seven children. He juggles family life with his broadcast career for the NFL Network and FOX Sports and running his First Things First Foundation, which is dedicated to impacting lives by promoting Christian values.
Nutrilite, exclusively from Amway, is the world's leading brand of vitamin, mineral and dietary supplements (based on 2009 sales). Amway is so committed to total quality control of its plant concentrates from seed to tablet, it offers the only global vitamin and mineral brand to grow, harvest, and process plants on its own certified organic farms. Nutrilite farms are located in California, Washington, Mexico, and Brazil.
NUTRILITE Daily Multivitamin, Concentrated Fruits and Vegetables, and DOUBLE X® Multivitamin, the brand's three most popular supplements in North America have completed NSF International's Certified for Sport™ program, which reduces the risk that a dietary or sports supplement contains banned substances.
Anna Bryce, Amway Public Relations Lead, 616.787.6482, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Amway North America