ATLANTA, March 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Social media was flooded with #MatchDay2018 tweets, videos and memes when theNational Resident Matching ProgramŪ (NRMP) informed medical students if they matched with their top-choice, based on best fit, interview experience and location. Jackson Physician Search offers five reasons why this life-changing news matters
1. America is Training More But Still Not Enough Doctors The record number of available first-year positions is tempered by this harsh reality: we need to train more physicians as demand continues to outstrip supply, due to the aging population and accelerating retirement of "baby boom" doctors.
2. The Rising Supply of Primary Care Physicians Lags DemandThe shortage of Primary Care Physicians (PCPs), the quarterbacks of value-based care, is one of the top three worries of hospital CEOs. They are desperately needed in rural, remote and low-income communities, where they need not only better compensation, but strong support for themselves and their families.
3. Medicine is a Becoming a Family AffairMore physicians are pursuing medical careers as couples. The downside? Twice the burden of educational debt on one household makes loan forgiveness an essential recruitment incentive. Retention is doubly important, because you risk losing two physicians if they move away from the community.
4. Location is Not the Only ThingLocation may be the top factor as residents decide where to apply. But fit and the interview experience jump ahead in their choice of programs. Ultimate success in recruiting depends more heavily on two extremely controllable factors: 1) assessing for fit and 2) delivering an excellent interview experience.
5. International Medical Graduates are Important in the Physician PipelineThe number of non-U.S. citizen International Medical Graduates (IMGs) who participated in the Match declined again. The Association of American Medical Colleges, urges support for a permanent legislative solution for Dreamers to ensure academic medicine's ability to meet increasing healthcare needs, especially for the growing medically underserved and aging populations.
A Proactive Recruitment Strategy is More Important than EverAvoid the physician gap by developing a strategic physician recruitment plan, assessing candidate fit carefully and delivering an unparalleled interview experience that displays your rewarding workplace culture and welcoming community. See more details.
Jackson Physician Search is a leader in the permanent recruitment of physicians and advanced practitioners to hospitals and health systems across the U.S.
Contact: Mary Barber314.494.6952mbarber@JacksonPhysicianSearch.com
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jackson-physician-search-highlights-5-reasons-why-residency-match-day-matters-300616095.html
SOURCE Jackson Physician Search
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Menstruation or period is the discharge of blood and mucus called menses from the uterus via the ...
Chronic dieting is associated with eating disorders that mainly include unhealthy eating practices ...
Some medications affect the normal function of thyroid gland leading to thyroid function disorders ...View All