, Dec. 4, 2019
/PRNewswire-PRWeb/ --áBy 2020 Hispanics will be the largest ethnic group in the United States
, exceeding 62 million people, according the US Census Bureau.
While their population is growing, Hispanic's oral health outcomes is lagging. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Hispanic dental patients experienced untreated tooth decay nearly twice the rate of white, non-Hispanics. And rates of periodontal (gum) disease is greatest among Mexican Americans.
"The mission of the Hispanic Dental Association (HDA) is to eliminate these gaps by promoting and improving oral health within the Hispanic community," said Dr. Manuel A. Cordero
, Executive Director & CEO. "And today, our 8,500 members need strategies and solutions to help patients find quality oral healthcare from dentists they trust."
Hispanics Are Digital Natives Hispanics have proven to be highly proficient users of web technologies, especially on smart phones. A 2017 study by PriceWaterhouse Coopers (PwC), Hispanics were 10% more likely to make a purchase or bank balance or pay a bill using a smartphone than the general population.
"Hispanic consumers engage with mobile and web technologies at higher rates than the general population," said Jose Espinoza
, SRL Group CEO. "To attract these web-savvy consumers, HDA-member dentists must engage using the digital technologies patients prefer."
Accordingly, the partnership between the HDA and SRL Group will emphasize the use of online reputation management and online booking services to encourage patients to research and seek needed dental care.
Additionally, the partnership will provide HDA members access to web-based tools that improve practice management efficiency and patient communication.
Among the projects SRL Group has already committed for the Association:
- An HDA Member Benefits portal where members can receive exclusive discounts on dental supplies, insurance, financial services and marketing services.
- A new mobile-friendly HDA member website, where HDA members can receive information about career opportunities, networking events, local chapter meetings.
- A new bilingual online dental directory, DirectorioDental.com, launching in 2020, with detailed online profiles of dentists that speak both English and Spanish.
As part of the partnership, SRL Group will offer HDA professional members discounted rates for proprietary software & services:
- An all-digital, patient-to-patient referral platform ReferralVoodoo;
- An online review generation platform;
- An online appointment scheduling tool, and;
- A comprehensive internet presence hub.
About the HDA The Hispanic Dental Association is a national, non-profit 501(c)3 organization comprised of oral health professionals and students dedicated to promoting and improving the oral health of the Hispanic community, and providing advocacy for Hispanic oral health professionals across the US.
About SRL Group Founded by healthcare marketing experts Jose Espinoza
and David Brooks
, SRL Group helps healthcare practices to enhance their online reputation to encourage new patient growth. The company was founded in 2018, and is located in the VentureLink Technology Incubator on the campus of New Jersey Institute of Technology
(NJIT) in Newark, NJ
SOURCE SRL Group