LONDON, September 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of "Antibody Discovery: Services and Platforms Market (2nd Edition), 2018-2028
" report to its list of offerings.
(Logo: https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/742223/Roots_Analysis_Logo.jpg )
Radhika Singla, the principal analyst, stated, "Currently, over 70 companies
are involved in providing antibody discovery services. In addition, several companies have developed proprietary drug discovery platforms, and are monetizing their efforts by actively out-licensing them to drug developers, CROs and academic institutes. It is also worth highlighting that close to USD 2.6 billion has been invested in this market over the last few years across several grants, venture capital funding rounds and public offerings."
The report presents opinions on several key aspects of the market. Among other elements, it includes:
- A detailed assessment of the current market landscape of companies offering antibody drug discovery services, including information on their geographical location, types of services offered (antigen designing, hit generation, lead selection, and lead optimization / and lead characterization), antibody generation methods (hybridoma based, library based, single cell based, transgenic animal based, wild type animal based and others), purpose of antibody discovery (therapeutic and diagnostic) and animal models used (rabbits, rats, mouse, llamas, chicken and others).
- An in-depth analysis of antibody platform providers, featuring information on their geographical location, antibody generation methods (hybridoma based, library based, single cell based, transgenic animal based, wild type animal based and others), type of antibodies discovered (ADCs, antibody fragments, bispecific antibodies, monoclonal antibodies and others), and animal models used (transgenic mice, rabbits, llamas and others).
- A comprehensive benchmark analysis, highlighting the key focus areas of small, mid-sized and large sized companies, comparing their existing capabilities within and beyond their respective peer groups, and providing a means for stakeholders to identify ways to gain a competitive edge in the industry.
- A comparative landscape of service providers, highlighting the most important companies within North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, based on number of discovery services offered, number of discovery methods available, number of subject specific agreements signed, the company's experience and size of employee base.
- An insightful 2X2 competitiveness analysis of various antibody discovery platforms (segregated into three peer groups, namely library-based method, transgenic mice, single cell-based method), highlighting popular products based on the library size of the platform, types of antibody discovered, need for humanization, platform-specific collaborations established per year, therapeutic areas addressed and supplier power (in terms of experience of the company).
- Comprehensive profiles of antibody discovery service and platform providers, featuring information on the location of their headquarters, year of establishment, antibody discovery service / platform portfolio, recent developments and a comprehensive future outlook.
- A case study on antibody humanization and affinity maturation, including an exemplary list of players that are presently offering such services and platforms, a publication analysis highlighting the research trends related to this field and a detailed discussion on other affiliated trends, key drivers and challenges, under a comprehensive SWOT framework.
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in the recent past, covering research collaborations, licensing agreements (related to both technology platforms and service providers), product development, service agreements, merger / acquisitions and other forms of collaborations.
- An analysis of investments received by the service and platform providers, featuring details of capital raised via seed financing, venture capital financing, IPOs, debt financing and grants / awards, by companies that are operating within this domain.
- A discussion on the upcoming opportunities (such as novel antibody therapeutics, innovative technologies and other future opportunities) in the field of drug discovery that are likely to impact the future evolution of this market over the coming years.
The report features inputs from a number of eminent industry stakeholders. Singla remarked, "Most of the experts we spoke to concur that the rate of outsourcing is definitely increasing at a fast pace. Approximately 60% of antibody discovery services are presently being outsourced to contract service providers. Some stakeholders expect close to 90% of such operations to be outsourced in the future." The report features detailed transcripts of discussions held with the following experts:
- Aaron Sato (Chief Scientific Officer, LakePharma)
- Christel Iffland (Vice President, Ligand Pharmaceuticals)
- Chun-Nan Chen (Chief Executive Officer and Chief Scientific Officer, Single Cell Technology)
- Debra Valsamis (Business Development Associate, Antibody Solutions)
- Garren Hilow (Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Abveris)
- Giles Day, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Distributed Bio
- Ignacio Pino (President and Chief Executive Officer, CDI Laboratories)
- Jeng Her (Chief Executive Officer, AP Biosciences)
- Kevin Heyries (Co-Founder and Lead of Business Development Strategy, AbCellera)
- Nalini Ghag- Motwani (President and Founding Chief Scientist, BioSavita)
- Sanjiban K Banerjee (Director, AbGenics Life Sciences)
- Thomas Schirrmann (Chief Executive Officer and General Manager, YUMAB)
The research covers detailed profiles and assesses product portfolios of several companies, including (illustrative list, may not be comprehensive):
- Abwiz Bio
- Aragen Bioscience (GVK Biosciences Company)
- AIMM Therapeutics
- Distributed Bio
- Harbour BioMed
- Integral Molecular
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- ModiQuest Therapeutics (Acquired by ImmunoPrecise Antibodies)
- Single Cell Technology
- Sorrento Therapeutics
- Sutro BioPharma
- Viva Biotech
- WuXi AppTec
For additional details, please visit:
https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/view_document/antibody-discovery-services-and-platforms-market-2nd-edition-2018-2028/213.html or email email@example.com
SOURCE Roots Analysis