BELLMORE, N.Y., June 12, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- "If I prayed as much as I plucked," talk show veteran Kathie
Since the early lasers of the 1990s, the technology has been refined so that there is a range of options, suitable for all skin tones and hair types – and with increasing power to permanently reduce hair from those places we don't want it.
"Lasers work by damaging the hair follicle," explains Dunning, "which is completely different from the superficial and temporary removal achieved by plucking, waxing or shaving."
The range of today's laser hair removal options makes it more important than ever that patients are fully informed. Laser technology available at Advanced Dermatology PC, says Dunning, includes the Ellman Cheveux II Diode, the Apogee, the GentleLASE, the Gemini, the Lyra, and the Soprano – each with varied characteristics best suited to different clients' needs.
To understand the latest laser hair removal options, Dunning provides answers to common questions:
Five Tips That Address Questions About Laser Hair Removal
1. Why choose lasers and not electrolysis? "Studies on laser hair removal underscore the overwhelming levels of satisfaction," notes Dunning, "with rates of almost 100 percent for people who choose lasers for hair removal. That's nearly 30 percentage points higher than electrolysis. Lasers can treat a much more extensive area, much more quickly and can also achieve long lasting results."
2. Which laser is right for me? "At this point, there are many different laser options," observes Dunning, noting the varied menu of lasers offered by Simply Posh and Advanced Dermatology PC. "These options allow for a personalized approach, depending on a client's skin tone and hair type, as well as the area to be treated. The growing range of options makes it especially important to work with an experienced technician who can explain the choices and recommend the most effective laser hair treatment for you."
3. Why do I need more than one treatment? "Lasers work by damaging growing hair follicles," explains Dunning. "Because our hair follicles' growth cycles vary, multiple treatments are needed so that all of the follicles in a given area are treated during their early growing period. At this point, advances in laser technology allow us to achieve results with fewer treatments – typically in five to nine sessions. The number of sessions varies depending on individual characteristics, including hair type and treatment area. It's important for clients to talk with their technician to gain a clear understanding of how many sessions may be needed for optimal results."
4. How much does it hurt and how long does it take? "Part of the attraction of laser hair removal is everything it's not: it's not invasive, it's not painful, and it's not time consuming," observes Dunning. "The time required for the procedure is quite short – a small area, such as above the lip, takes minutes, while a larger area like the back takes longer. The ability to quickly treat multiple hair follicles is part of the advantage of laser hair removal."
5. What is the recovery time? "People are able to immediately return to their regular routine," says Dunning. "There may be some redness and tenderness, but that will quickly fade."
"Laser treatments," concludes Dunning, "free people from the need to spend ongoing time taking care of unwanted hair – allowing them to devote their efforts to other aesthetic goals."
Bio: Kelly Dunning is a Skin Care Consultant and Medical Laser Technician for the Simply Posh Aesthetic Spa, a division of Advanced Dermatology PC and the Center for Laser and Cosmetic Surgery. She has been practicing skin care for 7 years and is now pursuing a degree in Nursing and a Nurse Practitioner Masters. Kelly is also a certified holistic health coach and massage therapist. Kelly's specialties include microneedling, CoolScultping, eyebrow microblading, and laser hair removal. http://www.simplyposh.com
Advanced Dermatology P.C. and the Center for Laser and Cosmetic Surgery (New York & New Jersey) is one of the leading dermatology centers in the nation, offering highly experienced physicians in the fields of cosmetic and laser dermatology as well as plastic surgery and state-of-the-art medical technologies. http://www.advanceddermatologypc.com.
SOURCE Advanced Dermatology PC
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
A lump in the armpit can be due to a benign infection, allergy or fatty tissue growth. It is ...
Fennel seeds are a must-have in almost every Indian kitchen due to its health quotient. Here are a ...
True vertigo is a severe form of dizziness that is a movement hallucination. Try out some of these ...View All