SAN FRANCISCO, November 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global eye examination equipment market size is expected
to reach USD 8.8 billion
by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of eye-related disorders is anticipated to drive the
demand for advanced ophthalmic treatment procedures over the forecast period.
(Logo: https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/661327/Grand_View_Research_Logo.jpg )
Growing global geriatric population is another factor propelling the optometry/eye examination equipment market. According to U.S. Census Bureau published on June 2017, the total population aged 65 and older in the U.S. increased to 49.2 million in 2016, accounting for 15.2% of the total population, from 35 million in 2000, which represented only 12.0% of the total population. Mounting cases of age-related disorders including glaucoma, cataracts, and age-related macular degeneration (AMD) are likely to stoke the growth of the market.
Browse full research report with TOC on
"Optometry/Eye Examination Equipment Market Analysis Report By End Use (Hospitals, Clinics), By Product (Ophthalmic Ultrasound Imaging Systems, OCT), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025"at:
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Growing prevalence of eye diseases and influx of technologically advanced ophthalmic devices are anticipated to boost the growth of the optometry/eye examination equipment market over the forecast period
- Ophthalmic ultrasound imaging systems are expected to exhibit the fastest growth over the coming years, owing to rising penetration of B-Scan ultrasound
- Hospitals accounted for the largest revenue share in the market in 2017, owing to rising ophthalmic surgical procedures in hospitals
- North America held the dominant share in the optometry/eye examination equipment market in 2017, due to presence of well-established healthcare setting and treatment facility, surging demand for technologically advanced healthcare products, and favorable reimbursement facilities.
- The market in Asia Pacific, especially Japan and India, are estimated to witness remarkable growth during the forecast period due to increasing investments in the healthcare sector. In Feb 2017, the Japan government invested USD 500 million to build a new eye hospital in order to fulfil the vision 2020 approach by WHO.
- Some of the key companies present in the market are Carl Zeiss Meditec AG; Bausch & Lomb Inc.; Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Inc.; Novartis AG; NIDEK CO.; LTD; and Canon
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Ocular Implants Market - The global ocular implants market size was valued at USD 10.24 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% over the forecast period.
- Catheter Stabilization Devices/Catheter Securement Devices Market - The global catheter stabilization devices/ catheter securement devices market size was valued at USD 1.03 billion in 2016 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period.
- Elemental Analysis Market - The global elemental analysis market size was valued at USD 1.20 billion in 2016 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period.
- Brachytherapy Market - The global brachytherapy market size was valued at around USD 312.2 million in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4.76 % over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global optometry/eye examination equipment market report on the basis of product, end-use, and region:
- Optometry/Eye Examination Equipment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Optical coherent tomography scanners (OCT)
- Ophthalmic ultrasound imaging systems
- Ophthalmic A-Scan Ultrasound
- Ophthalmic B-Scan Ultrasound
- Corneal topography systems
- Slit lamps
- Perimeters/visual field analyzers
- Fundus cameras
- Autorefractors and Keratometers (phoropters)
- Optometry/Eye Examination Equipment End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Optometry/Eye Examination Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database,
Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.